UCLA student shocked after not showing ID ? your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
This was sent to me today. I hate this site. Its such a radical site. These people are truly on another plane. They call cops "the gestapo" and say things like "the cops barked at". So please dont think I look at LEO's in this way. I appreciate LEO's that service my community and country.
But this video does make me think about the Patriot Act and how it really is sopposed to work . I agree with it in certain places but in a University ? and in the second video...do they really need to go that far with a housewife ?> what do you guys think about it . ...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2006/161106torturedid.htm

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
It's on youtube.com as well.

Bottom line, when you are in a secure place and asked for ID which allows you to be in that secure place, produce it. If you can't produce it, leave peacefully when asked. If you don't leave peacefully, expect to be assisted in leaving. And when you are told to "stand up" over 40 times chances are the officer really wants you to stand up.

Taser was effective and properly used. You can clearly hear that he was highly upset and on the verge of becoming phsyical. However, if it was me, I would have cuffed him and just dragged his out. Let him scuff the hell out of his knees and mess up his clothing if he wants to, I could care less. Plus. according to the Patriot Act, I am allowed to pick on the Iranians.

Last edited:

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
It's on youtube.com as well.

Bottom line, when you are in a secure place and asked for ID which allows you to be in that secure place, produce it. If you can't produce it, leave peacefully when asked. If you don't leave peacefully, expect to be assisted in leaving.

And when you are told to "stand up" over 40 times chances are the officer really wants you to stand up.

You can clearly hear that he was highly upset and on the verge of becoming phsyical.

1. agreed. I was a lab monitor in college and if i didnt know someone and asked for ID and they didnt have it and wouldnt leave i would call the cops quik.

2. agreed. He was told OVER and oVER and OVER to get up... im a teacher so i know how it is when kids dont listen and i wISH i had a stun gun sometimes for these "i think im ghetto and hard" kids.

3.agreed. when i was watching the video i told my sister (shes a lawyer) that he sound like he was ganna stick one of the officers. she thinks its leaning towards C&U punishment.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Video is a wonderful thing..... to bad the video wasn't good. What you got was audio. In it you hear the person repeatedly refuse to obey the lawful order of a police office and be disorderly in a public place. A taser is a non-lethal means of gaining compliance. It is used to keep the officer from having to wrestle / get into physical altercations with a suspect. .

The suspect knows just enough law to get themselves into trouble. Or they get their information from a website like the link you provided and it is not specific to their state county or jurisdiction and they get themselves into trouble.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
No question for L.E. The point of this forum is to ask legitimate questions of L.E. that necessitate an actual accurate answer. It is not the forum for personal hypotheticals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread