UCA Axle Bushing Options

mjohns930

Established Member
I am going to be replacing my UCA and mount in the near future (thanks for the sale Revan Racing) and would also like to replace the UCA axle side bushing with something better. One of the few options I have found is the Steeda spherical bushing.

First off, with a BMR UCA, would this thing be intolerable on the street? I can deal with some added noise as long as it does what I want but with my car being my DD I don't want to rattle my teeth out.

Second, what are some of the other options to replace the UCA axle side bushing with something that isn't solid?

Thanks for any input and advice.

Mitch

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The steeda bushing will be loud ...its a hard part so if you replace the stock rubber with that expect alot of noise. If you leave that bushing alone and just add the bmr with its bracket you will get a little more nvh but its tolerable. There are no other bushing replacement options as far as i know. Just the factory rubber and the steeda spherical bushing! If you want zero noise yet a strong uca the roush uca and bracket is your ticket!

13BremboGT

Established Member
I wouldn't even mess with it. No added performance, just added noise. That one in the axle is nowhere near as soft as the one that comes in the factory upper control arm, that one is the real problem.

bmyles

Established Member
I believe a guy changed it here locally on his 07 gt ( same suspension as we have now as far as I know) and he had to burn the bushing out with a torch, he was doing a axle swap so it was out of the car btw. I don't recall if he liked it or not, I only spoke with him a couple of times.

Nuar

Established Member
No i have not, ive been told its not necessary, so i skipped it. I just have the bmr uca and bracket to put on. I just figured ill share since it hasn't been mentioned yet. I found it when I was looking for all my suspension components.

mjohns930

Established Member
No i have not, ive been told its not necessary, so i skipped it. I just have the bmr uca and bracket to put on. I just figured ill share since it hasn't been mentioned yet. I found it when I was looking for all my suspension components.

Thanks for the response. Since it seems to be not needed I'm going to leave the stock one for now. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread