U.V. protection

Scott A.

New Cobraholic
Established Member
I was wondering what you guys would recommend for the wicked sun out here in Arizona. I don't drive the Cobra everyday so its in the garage most of the time but when I drive it and park it in the sun the interior gets real hot. I use a sun screen when parked but even while driving the dash is toasty. I don't want a dash dressing that is greasy because that attracts dust and dirt (which is plentiful here!) I just want to know if there is anything out there that is good for the dash and leather as well. Thanks

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
Interesting topic. I sell active ingredients to the Cosmetic Sunscreen industry, but have never encountered a company making such a product (for car interiors). I'm sure they are available. Some of the more popular active ingredients in Sunscreens are Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone USP), Octyl Salicylate, Octy Methoxycinnamate, Avobenzone and Octocrylene. These compounds absorb specific UV rays. Just go to the Auto store & look for a car product containing a mixture of the above actives and it should work....

SVECobraR

Established Member
well most of us use stuff from scott the vendor on the site or any of the other great car detailing supply sites. You can call scott at smp and ask for his advice but id go with a 4* product or maybe pinnacle, you'd want a real good product for that type of heat.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Evenflow said:
303 Aerospace

Absolutely. I have seen it protect many things summer after summer. It does look a bit shiny at first, but after you let it dry just take a cloth and wipe up the excess and it will look very nice. You can totally control the look.

Zaino makes a good leather conditioner as well, but the 303 is tried and true for me. I use it on backyard furniture, leather seats, on my spa cover that sits under the sun all summer (which still looks brand new by the way), and on the inside of my tires which don't get dressed. Whenever I take the tires off to service the brakes or anything else I always apply a new coat. I have found that the inside of tires are prone to cracking if they are not cleaned and dressed once in a while.

Just remember to use it regularly on whatever surface and you should expect great results for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread