U.S. Gold in Mens 4x100 Relay!!!

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Did anyone else watch that tonight? What a comeback for the U.S.!!! The French were heavy favorites and said, "Were going to smash the Americans, that's what we came here for," and isn't it fitting that the guy who said it was the one who lost it for them. Another step for Michael Phelps on his way to a record setting individual medal count!!!

Congrats!!!!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Jason_Lezak_0001.jpg
>
s_51alain.jpg

Last edited:

IcE

Established Member
Watched it and was amazed. The announcers were saying that it was going to be hard to beat the French in that relay, but damn was it impressive. I still can not believe that it was won like that. Crazy stuff, I actually had to watch it twice haha.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
That was pretty cool. I thought there was no way he'd catch up on the last 50 , then out of nowhere he just started pulling ahead.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
absoloutley amazing! and the other countries talk about us being pompous, take that you frogs!!! the world record got DESTROYED, lol.

edit: just got done watching it again, lol. the announcers couldn't help it, 'unbiased' went out the window with that finish; "who's talking now?!" "i think they need to use another word than smashed!", LOL! evidentally our last guy destroyed the record for fastest split on his leg too. too awesome!

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I never had a doubt they weren't going to lose to the French. Trash talk, you pay.

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
absoloutley amazing! and the other countries talk about us being pompous, take that you frogs!!! the world record got DESTROYED, lol.

edit: just got done watching it again, lol. the announcers couldn't help it, 'unbiased' went out the window with that finish; "who's talking now?!" "i think they need to use another word than smashed!", LOL! evidentally our last guy destroyed the record for fastest split on his leg too. too awesome!

Yea, the women lost exactly how the men won. But both races were great.

Biased? You do realize that every country has their own TV? Im sure they were cursin' us :cuss::cuss::cuss: :whine:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I watched it live, what a race. They beat the relay world record by over 4 seconds. Even better, the French guy who was their team's anchor holds the world record in the 100 meter free and our man caught him and beat him and the 100m record!

I just wish they wouldn't take away glory from the relay team by constantly bringing up how this win is just a booster for Michael Phelps to get to 8 gold medals. They made a spectacular comeback win and all 4 of them deserve admiration, not put in Phelps' shadow.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
I just wish they wouldn't take away glory from the relay team by constantly bringing up how this win is just a booster for Michael Phelps to get to 8 gold medals. They made a spectacular comeback win and all 4 of them deserve admiration, not put in Phelps' shadow.

While what you say is true, everyone on that team, and all of the American swimmers as a whole, know what Michael Phelps' situation is and the predictions he made. It's true the entire team won that event and they all deserve the glory, especially Jason Lezak (sp?) for pulling off the upset on that last split, but Michael Phelps could be the inspiration that gave the whole team the extra kick when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread