Votes: 74 66.1%
  • World Baseball Classic

Votes: 35 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMac

Greatest Ever
Established Member
Olympic NBA team...Bball is our sport, we shouldnt even be touched, especially after how badly we smashed people during the dream team years.

In the WBC we didnt have our best players, the pitching staff especially was pretty weak. And if I know anything about baseball, its that whoever has the best pitching staff will win the majority of the time.

We suck at soccer, period.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
TheMac said:
Olympic NBA team...Bball is our sport, we shouldnt even be touched, especially after how badly we smashed people during the dream team years.

+1

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
We are only good at getting fat :burn:

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Olympic BasketBall. These are a pro and good college mix in the sport we invented. Baseball comes a close second but that is pure college, amateur guys. World Cup what is that, oh soccer plllthhhhh!

Last edited by a moderator:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
World Cup, because it's the only sport that really matters to the world(the Olympics had half the ratings of the opening day of the WC), and we got shanked.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Dream Team: Jordan, Bird, Mullin, Robinson, Barkley, Magic, Malone, Stockton- those were the days...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
None of the above. You can either choose to have the best professional leagues in the world or the best national teams. Teams like Argentina in bball play together for YEARS, we just throw whoever has a highlight reel on the court. Why? Because our players have team owners, agents, lawyers and families all desperately trying to protect the gravy train. It's impossible to form a cohesive team that executes at a high level TOGETHER without learning to play with each other over time. We don't do that because of the dollars that get thrown around in Basketball and Baseball. If D-Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Duncan and Garnett played 30 games a year together and practiced 3 months a year, call it game over.

Example: The Pistons played an extra 85 games in the past four years because of the playoffs. That's more than an extra season. What if they had committed to international competition and training on top of that? Can you imagine 82 games + playoffs + international team practice + international prep games and tournaments? Think team owners would want their $95 million dollar investments burning themselves out, becoming more prone to injury(i.e Mark Cuban and his reticence to let Dirk play for Germany), and generally risking all that money thrown into them?

America sucks at soccer because we don't give a shit about it and our third or fourth tier athletes play it. Plain and simple. Basketball, football, baseball all get first priority. World over the cream of the athletic crop plays soccer. Think Brian McBride or Claudio Reina could play any other sport? Doubtful. How about Ronaldo or Thierry Henry? You bet. If we put our Dwayne Wade's, Terrel Owens, and Lebron James' onto the soccer pitch from birth, we'd whup the World's ass.

Last edited:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
DBK said:
America sucks at soccer because we don't give a shit about it and our third or fourth tier athletes play it. Plain and simple. Basketball, football, baseball all get first priority. World over the cream of the athletic crop plays soccer. Think Brian McBride or Claudio Reina could play any other sport? Doubtful.

They could run track. =P

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Whats wrong with this picture... ;-)

a_celebrate_412.jpg

:nonono:
i DONT GET IT.. bASEBALL IS AN AMERICAN sPORT FOR ALMOST 100 YEARS & WE SUCK @ world Competition.... I mean WTF :idea: .. why does the MLB consider the champions of the USA... " The World Champions " :shrug:

BTW: im sure the USA will come out with a new Dream team for the next olympics. :rockon:

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
world cup. why? because we lost to ghana. where the fuq is ghana and even more important. who the fuq cares where ghana is?

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
solidsnak3 said:
world cup. why? because we lost to ghana. where the fuq is ghana and even more important. who the fuq cares where ghana is?

lol, they're a quality side. If they would have finished the chances right, they could have beaten Italy with 3 goals, and they took care of the Czechs. People were saying the same thing about us in 2002

UCBeau

to me, as a baseball nut, that was the saddest thing to see. BUT it just goes to show that this truly is the country to be in if you're the best at baseball.

basketball, we should own the world, however the NBA is full of overpaid babies who have a "me first" attitude. they don't care about the team, their country, or their fans. they care about making money and buying bling.

more U.S. atheletes need the attitude of Jake Peavy of the Padres, when he said he was HONORED to wear the uniform of the United States and that it was the best experience of his life to play for his country.

j_granato33

Established Member
honestly I thing its cause there all off the roids now that there actually testing for them..seems kinda strange that when they come down on the roids the USA teams sux ass...just my o2

Users who are viewing this thread