Typical Vette Owner??

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Or am I stereotyping?
So I am cruising down the highway on my way home from work today, when I see this black C5 vert up ahead. I catch up to him, and throw it in 3rd and pace him for a bit, when I finally gave up after he wouldnt even look over. It had been a long day, and I was already in 3rd, so I just punched it anyways, and when I looked back, he was flicking me off :gay: I was like wow, what an asshole, so I just kept on driving the speed limit afterward, and about 30 seconds later, I see him coming up on me really fast, well I had already started to get over into the left lane to pass a slow car, and I guess this made him really mad, so after tailgating me for a few seconds he fly's around 3 lanes on the highway, and passes about 6 cars in the emergency lane on the right. He then proceeds to swerve in and out of about 4 other cars doing a good 110+ . :gruffy: and to top it all off....................he lives in the same apt complex as me :D

Rome856

Established Member
No I wouldn't say typical Corvette owner:nono:
I would say typical "A Zo" :lol:

I have owned 5 Corvettes, and my Father is a current Corvette owner, I know alot of people that own these cars and are not like that.

I'm sure there are a few Mustang owners like this to. There are always a few people in a group that cause trouble for the rest.

It is a shame when one Corvette, Mustang, ect owners actions make people think that ALL owners of these cars are "A Zos"

It's funny when I'm on the corvette forum they say the same thing about Cobra owners:nonono:

Cant' we all just get along:beer:

Haah's Hubby

Established Member
As a 4 time corvette owner the latest a Z06 I found that dam near every wanta be performance car is gunning for you. If I raced every car that wanted a piece of the Z06 I would have no tires , license, or be in jail. But in no way do ya flip off someone for trying.:dw:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
i've raced a lot of vette owners, and I have yet to get one asshole.. I creep up on them before I race to see who's sitting in the driver seat.. if it's a woman, i usually let it go, but when it's a guy... i just pace him for a bit to see if he wants to play. TODAY! this chick in a brand new m5 (dealer plates still) wanted some!!! i was stoked, she lost though. she couldn't drive very well.

florida03

Banned
True! Most Vette guys or girls are always pretty cool.
Never had an issue with one. Actually a few of them
threw me there keys and told me to have fun, grant it
I knew them but hey, I had fun. Allways one or
two in the bunch.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Oh I know that every type of car has drivers like that, but this just seemed to fit the Vette owner stereotype perfectly. :lol:

mmartin 6

Established Member
Originally posted by WhiteTxMach
Oh I know that every type of car has drivers like that, but this just seemed to fit the Vette owner stereotype perfectly. :lol:

It sure does. Before I traded it on the Cobra, I had a yellow GT at this guy's house - he says "so you like yellow cars, eh ?" I reply, "of course" . He then takes me to his old man's garage (the guy's like 70+ yrs. - that's fine), and has this yellow Vette hooked up to a battery charger. He's says "what do ya think of that ?" Well, I act all surprised and impressed and then say "what's up with the charger ?" "Oh, my dad couldn't get the dome light to turn off and it drained the battery." I'm thinking, I'm outta here. This guy's a real A- - HOLE. That day made me decide to get an 03 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread