matler23

Established Member
Truck has sold

2001 Ford Lightning
Oxford White
VIN: 2FTZF073X1CA71819
70k miles
$14k Firm

Bought the truck in December 2011 from LightningRodder.com board member. He had purchased the truck in the spring of 2011 from another member. I have just duplicated his ad as I haven't done anything to the truck other than drive it. It runs great and is in amazing shape...no squeaks...very tight. Gets compliments from everyone.

I am prepping it for the local car show. I just finished claying it. The car show is May 5th and I will be ready to sale after this.

I sold my Shelby a few months back so I've decided to sell the Lightning as well. I bought an SL55 AMG and would like to put some goodies on it.

Below is the original ad:
--------------------------------------------------------
ENGINE/TRANNY
Magnum Power blower with Lightning rotors
6lb lower 2.76 upper, 17lbs of boost at peak
C&L upper plenum
JLP intake
2400 SCT MAF
New COP’s (about 7k miles)
Oil separator
EGR delete
LFP SBTB
Afco DB HE with fans
TF Reservoir
New 255 walbros with stainless Y (about 4k miles)
60lb injectors
Kooks LT's with Stage 8 locking fasteners
Exhaust: Magnaflow bullets where cats go and Spintech muffler in stock location
Moroso deep trans pan
DMP valve body
SCT Xcal3
Tuned by Rick at Amazon Tuning

SUSPENSION
Hotchkis full TVS kit
Hotchkis Bilstein HPS shocks
Roush cam bolts
Metco lower track links
Bear drilled slotted rotors
New Hawk HPS pads (about 2k miles)
New NT05R’s (about 2k miles)

INTERIOR / EXTERIOR
Corbeau LG1's
Expy center console built by Eric
Triple A Pillar pod with Aeroforce, cobalt boost gauge and LM-1 wideband
Clarion 7 in screen with navigation
6000k HIDs
Carriageworks Grills
03-04 wheels painted Black Pearl
OEM tonneau cover
New 35% tint on doors
Solid back glass (also have factory slider)
Spray in Bed Liner
New windshield

I bought the truck from a board member in Baton Rouge. I had the windshield replaced, added fuel pumps and new filter, redid the exhaust, new O2 sensors, changed tranny fluid, oil, after I got it home. I then drove back down to Baton Rogue for a dyno day with Rick at Amazon two weeks after I bought it to get it tuned properly. The truck made 432/502 on previous tune but drivability was very poor. Unfortunately the dyno wasn’t calibrated properly when Rick tuned it so every bodies numbers where low that day but I’m sure the peak numbers are a little better than before. I was more concerned with drivability and safety more than peak numbers and the truck run absolutely great now. A/F numbers are dead on now at idle, cruising and WOT. All previous work and installs where done by Stang-Hi in La. It’s a great truck with tons of good mods done to it.
--------------------------------------------------------
lightning4.jpg

lightning1.jpg

lightning2.jpg

lightning3.jpg

Last edited:

matler23

Established Member
Thanks everyone...It's really a stunning truck. Kudos should go to the previous owners as they did all of the work and kept her looking good.

Always open to hear what someone might have to offer, but I'd really just like to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread