TwoToneFreak is back

TwoToneRacing94

Established Member
Hey guys, its been a long time since I posted around here, but I'm finally back. After what has been a very frustrating year for me, vehicle wise and personal matters, I'm back and ready to hang with all the SN95 guys, yea I know I only drive a lowly GT, but you guys have always been very cool to chat with. :rockon: :beer:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
good to see your back!!! i miss reading your posts in the kill section.

how do you like the f150? I'm looking at getting one as a beater/tow pig also. I figure i as many times as i've had my car towed, i would have enough for a truck and trailer by now :lol:

TwoToneRacing94

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
good to see your back!!! i miss reading your posts in the kill section.

how do you like the f150? I'm looking at getting one as a beater/tow pig also. I figure i as many times as i've had my car towed, i would have enough for a truck and trailer by now :lol:

Its good to be back. HAHA, hell my car hasn't run enough the last year to rack up anymore kills :lol: New engine blues I guess you'd say.

I love my F-150. Mine just has a 302 and AODE trans, but it came stock with 3.55's and external trans cooler. I haven't gotten to tow anything with it yet. This is the best truck I've ever had, 306,000 miles (yea u read it right) everything works like its supposed to and its stock as stock can be right down to the plug wires :rockon: doesn't smoke or use a drop of oil and still gets 19mpg :rockon: I'm just hoping it doesn't throw the tranny out of it when I put my car on the trailer and head to the track. I'm saving my pennies so I can swap a E4OD into when this one goes south.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
long bed or short bed? how much room behind the seats in the ex cab? I saw a ext cab, short bed flare side that i fell in love with a whie back for 3K...had 209K on the clock and a 302. Only thing i didn't like was the red interior (YUCK!)

I am looking for a v8 4x4. The straight 6 is a killer engine, but rebuilding a SBF is cheap as cheap can be. I think I can order a stroker kit for a 302 with my pizza now :D

TwoToneRacing94

Established Member
Mine is a short bed, and there is plenty of room for a 6 foot passengers in the ext cab. I have a bench front seat also so I can haul a load of folks, I love it. My interior is a light grey and clean as a whistle. I gave $2000 for mine, some guy had drove it since it was new. Well actually his company bought it as a work truck(he was the one driving it) at 100k, he bought it from his company for $2k and put the other 2k on it and then traded it in here and I picked it up. I kinda wish mine was 4wd, but oh well.

The ext. cab flare sides are sooooo sweet looking! Yea 302 strokers are a dime a dozen these days

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, the only hesitation i have about a 4wd is the possibility of maybe having to shell out some cash to get the transfer case rebuilt.

Not that i'll really need 4wd all the time, but i've found my self in a few situations where i really needed it a time or two. And i think having it when i need it is worth a little extra. However, i don't plan on turning it in to a rockcrawler. Tow pig/DD and hauling my ATV will be its main duty.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Did you ever get your engine woes ironed out in your GT? I remember you were having some problems back when you first built it, weren't you?

Good to see you back :)

TwoToneRacing94

Established Member
Originally posted by Tabres
Did you ever get your engine woes ironed out in your GT? I remember you were having some problems back when you first built it, weren't you?

Good to see you back :)

To a certain extent I got them ironed out, turned out to be some strange valvetrain problems, thought we fixed those w/ the appropriate parts, which they weren't that I just discovered. Anyway the engine is apart now being rebuilt after a roller rocker came apart and trashed all the bearings, and took out a couple pistons in the process. Been nothing but a nightmare since I built it a year ago. But I'm doing this a lot differently this time around and it will be back w/out all the headaches and running much, much better. Also I have the car completely stripped and gutted so I can prep it for paint, the new suspension, cage and other odds and ends.

Users who are viewing this thread