Two piece 13" Cobra front rotors now available in two versions

Aereon

Established Member
so any word yet on when the final date for all of this is scheduled to be? I'm interested in fronts and the 13" irs rear kit, will there be a discount for purchasing all of it together?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
so any word yet on when the final date for all of this is scheduled to be? I'm interested in fronts and the 13" irs rear kit, will there be a discount for purchasing all of it together?

At this time it looks like the middle of March for the 13" 2 pc fronts and the 13" rear IRS kits.

We are doing a limited initial run so if you're interested drop me a PM and I will get you on the list and keep you updated on delivery.

Sorry, no discounts. These are priced to the bone as it is.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok Guys:

I am ordering the rotor rings today.

The following people looking for the heavy duty road race versions of the 2 pc rotors.

mu22stang
Helomech74
yellow03vert
Saleenrose

Also possibly interested: mustangsrus

These should go to the plater next week for the clear zinc wash and the hats should be arriving shortly after that and you guys will have brakes!

Stay tuned.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
hey couple questions can you run the track rotors on the street ? since my 03-cobra only see`s open track 2 times a year ?? but it see`s street time a couple times the week ( if nice " & drag racing or auto-x maybe 2-3 weekends a month..

also since you were talking about upgrading the rears could we just buy cobra front calipers & then buy two "front sets of rotors from you ????

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
hey couple questions can you run the track rotors on the street ? since my 03-cobra only see`s open track 2 times a year ?? but it see`s street time a couple times the week ( if nice " & drag racing or auto-x maybe 2-3 weekends a month..

also since you were talking about upgrading the rears could we just buy cobra front calipers & then buy two "front sets of rotors from you ????

Of course you could run the heavier track rotors on the street. In fact it would be a good idea to 'season' them on the street for a few weeks (months if you can) with steet pads before you head to the track.

But.......... if you're using them at the track and you have track/race pads for track use, you're going to want to leave the rotors and pads dedicated to each other and not mix track and street pads back and forth on the same rotors.

A front Cobra caliper will not bolt to the rear. Even if it did it would be delivering WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much brake to the rear. You'd need a brake bias installed on the car. That also would require a big heavy rotor on the rear and why would you want to increase rotating mass? That would reduce performance. :idea:

FWIW

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
:rockon: thats some good info thanks :beer:

yea reducing performance is FTL !!!

i need to get with you on the IRS bushing kit you sell so i`m sending you a pm so i dont jack your thread :beer:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
also would it be ok to use hawk HPS pads with the track rotors ?

thats i`ve been using the last 2 HPDE events & i`m buyin the kenny brown brake cooling kit soon & plan to install it be for the 1st one @ nashville superspeedway in may

when or are these "track rotors" be ready ??

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have interest but thought I was on the list, Guess not, Youda thunk I owned a Corvette or something.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
also would it be ok to use hawk HPS pads with the track rotors ?

thats i`ve been using the last 2 HPDE events & i`m buyin the kenny brown brake cooling kit soon & plan to install it be for the 1st one @ nashville superspeedway in may

when or are these "track rotors" be ready ??

HPS pads are a High Performance Street pad. So they can be used both street and track.

Once you get a little more comfortable behind the wheel on track you're going to want to step up to a high temp/higher performance pad. These will fade less and give you increased brake torque. (shorter stopping distance)

Track rotors will be here next week along with the hats. Then both the rotors and the hats go to the plater and I hope to ship the week of March 22nd.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Quick update here guys. The rotors are in house. They will be going out for clear zinc plating most likely on Monday the 22nd.

The hats are all turned and they should be coming off the mill tomorrow or Friday. They will be going out for hardcoat next Monday as well.

As soon as everything is out to the plater you will all be getting an email with payment instructions.

Just in time for Summer and racing season!

Thanks for your patience everyone!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Quick update here guys:

The rotors and the hats have all gone to the plater. I should have them back on Friday.

The interested parties which I have previously listed will be receiving PM's with payment instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread