Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben - this may have been covered but do you put track insurance on any of these things when taking them out to race? You obviously push these things pretty hard plus being out on track with other people (I think that would be a bigger concern most of the time as you go blasting past them lol)

I do not. The ole rule of "don't take anything on the track which you wouldn't be able to live without" applies. And since I have a far-better-than-average record for track damage on my cars, buying track insurance would basically mean I'm subsidizing less-careful drivers over the long run.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do not. The ole rule of "don't take anything on the track which you wouldn't be able to live without" applies. And since I have a far-better-than-average record for track damage on my cars, buying track insurance would basically mean I'm subsidizing less-careful drivers over the long run.

How do you fit your balls in your driving suit?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Interesting and certainly makes sense to me. I can only imagine how high the rates would be on something like that, and not to mention, on the cars you bring to the track.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Playing with the quick quotes on 'ontrack insurance' the highest you can quote is $150,000 and it's a little over a grand.

A $1.8m 599 evo would probably be an expensive car to insure for a weekend lol.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Oh I see. The Ferrari connoisseurs must be appalled by the mistake I made. ;)

No worries. It's roughly akin to mistaking a Ford GT for a Mustang GT. They're both made by the same company, they both are available in many of the same colors -- it's almost the same thing :D

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
No worries. It's roughly akin to mistaking a Ford GT for a Mustang GT. They're both made by the same company, they both are available in many of the same colors -- it's almost the same thing :D

Lol, well that is is quite the gap indeed. I made a big mistake. I blame my ignorance on my bank account. If I didn't have to harvest my own organs to afford one, I would know more about them. ha

And what a terrible thread to make this mistake in. I didn't realize until now just what thread this was, ha. My apologies. =-/

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lol, well that is is quite the gap indeed. I made a big mistake. I blame my ignorance on my bank account. If I didn't have to harvest my own organs to afford one, I would know more about them. ha

And what a terrible thread to make this mistake in. I didn't realize until now just what thread this was, ha. My apologies. =-/

:D:D:D

Absolved. The two cars do in fact look quite similar.

Rct851

Established Member

Me and you both lol. One of my car buddies is really into the exotics and knows every detail. When he’s talking about them to me I tell him that same thing. They are so far off my radar there’s no point...

I try to counter is Ferrari talk with my knowledge of the newest 5.0

Users who are viewing this thread