Two Ls--two JDM chips(and other mods)--Track Day Slug Out

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
I drove 3 hours to get to race CornerCarver and other L owners. Ended up just inside of South Carolina--near Augusta--at Carolina Dragway.

Temps in the low 70s for my first run(and a new best et) of 12.662:D @104.44(mph were 'off' in the left lane by 3-4 mph according to CC). Glad I ran early(I was the first one there, #500) because a front moved in, temps went to the low 80s and times went higher.

CC and I lined up and hit it! He had an et of 13.08x to my 13.234. He later was man enough to admit he had red-lighted(this track only gives you your times--you d/k what your opponent did until you see his 1/2)). We lined up again an hour later and I took him with an et of12.836 to his 13.1xx(?). We both were running the J69 program. Mine is modded more than CC's and he still has a quicker et that he ran back in cooler weather.

Rusty and I lined up and went to it. He ran a 13.06x to my 12.813. His is modded more than mine and he had new Hoosier Drag tires but the JDM chip helped 'whup' him:r:

I had five 12 sec runs and 2 in the low 13s. There were 10 or 12 Ls there and we all had a great time. I got the first sun-burn of the year too.

Thanks Jim,

Dan

Jim@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Dan,

Next time bring you sunblock.
Congrates on your new best.
10 or 12 trucks, that must have been cool.
;-) ;-)

Jim@JDM

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Oh boy!

Somebody taped some runs including Rusty and mine......also pics of the vehicles there. There are two videos of my L:p .

to www.planetmustang.com click on the latest event in jackson, then scroll until u see my name RUSTY MCLAIN-99 lightning and click run. that is me and dan racing

Dan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread