Two Guns?

PSI87

Banned
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that a local LEO had 2 firearms on his belt. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I saw it again at another agency. Why would they do this? Is it a common practice to carry two handguns?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Backup, in case someone steals the first one.

I saw a video of an officer wrestling around with a suspect. His K-9 came and helped him for a little bit, until the suspect kicked, then it backed off for a bit. The suspect got a hold of the officers primary gun and tried to shoot it, but it jammed because the barrel got put into the ground, which plugged it. The officer took out his backup and started shooting at the suspect.

Smart officer if you ask me.

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
When I worked at the hospital I noticed one of the officers had what looked like 2 guns, but one of them was a stun gun.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Are you sure one wasnt an X-26 Taser? With all the crap most L.E.O.s have on their duty belts there isnt enough room to add another firearm. Plus it is functional. I would seriously doubt there was a second firearm on his duty belt.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Backup, in case someone steals the first one.

I saw a video of an officer wrestling around with a suspect. His K-9 came and helped him for a little bit, until the suspect kicked, then it backed off for a bit. The suspect got a hold of the officers primary gun and tried to shoot it, but it jammed because the barrel got put into the ground, which plugged it. The officer took out his backup and started shooting at the suspect.

Smart officer if you ask me.
backups aren't typically kept on the service belt

edit. I accidently wrote are instaed of aren't. BIG TIME ACCIDENT

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
backups are typically kept on the service belt

You have no idea what you are talking about!!

IF an agency/dept allows a backup, the purpose is defeated by having it in the same location as your primary weapon. :rolleyes:

03trubluGT

Established Member
Backups can be anywhere. There are a few prefered places, but I'll not post that in a public forum that bad guys can look at.

Matt

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Most backups are not on the duty belt. When you wrestle with somone it's stressful enough to keep them from grabbing just one gun, trying to protect two guns would be horrible.

If I had to guess, I would think you spotted a Taser X26.
26009.jpg

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
2 guns

Most I know carry two but one is concealed. I agree ...too much stuff on duty belt but those here who are authorized...carry the Taser....I wish I'd had one when I was an LEO...it saves lives as most know it may eliminate the need for deadly force..

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
You have no idea what you are talking about!!

IF an agency/dept allows a backup, the purpose is defeated by having it in the same location as your primary weapon. :rolleyes:
I meant to say arent. I was typing to dam fast.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Are you sure one wasnt an X-26 Taser? With all the crap most L.E.O.s have on their duty belts there isnt enough room to add another firearm. Plus it is functional. I would seriously doubt there was a second firearm on his duty belt.
That is exactly what I was going to say. Aren't most emegency side arms hidden? (i.e. in the boot area or similar?)

-Mike

jshen

Established Member
5 second probe?

slowyellowcobra said:
Had to be a tazer. God those things hurt! Anyone else here take the full 5 sec probe ride?

Boy the visual on that scares me...sounds like a prostate exam..

As to the "zap"......

I am too freeking old to pee in my pants..that is without wearing "depends" ....

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
slowyellowcobra said:
Had to be a tazer. God those things hurt! Anyone else here take the full 5 sec probe ride?
Ooh ooh, me me!! LOL I was sure to get it on camera too, for proof when people doubt me. :D And yes...they are pure hell. "Hurt" doesn't even begin to describe it. :eek: :whine:

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Ooh ooh, me me!! LOL I was sure to get it on camera too, for proof when people doubt me. :D And yes...they are pure hell. "Hurt" doesn't even begin to describe it. :eek: :whine:

Is it along the lines of a military cs gas chamber in how bad it makes you feel? I wonder which one would be worse? always interested in things they make you do to teach you instinct.

Users who are viewing this thread