Twisted Stallions Car Show Review Today (mixed opinions)

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Today was the Twisted Stallions car show at Lee Motor Company in Wilson, NC. I am going to start giving you guys a review of car shows and events I attend so you have an idea from a critic of what shows are worth attending and what shows give you the most bang for the buck. The following is my opinion of the show today. if you were there please put your two cents in as well.

1. Bang for the buck D-
I rated this section a (D-) for this show as it was cheap. The goodie bag only gave you a plastic twisted stallions cup worth $1 and a twisted stallions key chain worth about $1.50. The goodie bags were from Summitt Racing and there were some flyers in the bag but no coupons or anything like that. The registration was $20.

2. Door Prizes D-
Again this show gets a D- for door prizes. This show gave out a Car Quest auto detailing kit and it was announced that Autozone donated it????? I didn't know that CarQuest and Autozone were the same company???? Not a good way to represent your sponsors. The only item of any value in the giveaway was a ladies Mustang jacket in size XL. Other than that no frills here.

3. Vendors F-
There were no vendors at the show except a guy that sells wax and auto detailing products. Where was Fastlane and other local vendors? I see no other grade more fitting than a F- here. It would have been nice to have a mobile dyno, a tire and wheel company, a Mustang shop and others on hand but I guess they do not see the value in this show either.

4. Entertainment B
I give this show a B. The only way you get an A here is if you have a good band or a famous guest on hand. the DJ was loud and played a good variety of music for everyone on hand. Other than that there was nothing else going on and where was the announcements thanking the sponsors???? This goes back to the lack of door prizes.

5. Orginization D
There was some radio ads and good word of mouth about this show but that was about it. As far as being organized, when I pulled up there were no signs telling me where to pull in and register. I pulled in the wrong spot and was ordered to turn around like the other 5 cars in front of me. I asked how do I register and I was told by a guy in a yellow shirt to find a guy in a yellow shirt???? I pulled in and the guys in the yellow shirts didnt have a clue of where I should park or what to do.Finally a guy parked me and I went inside to get registered. What a hassle! I suggest they put up signs telling you where to enter and have car show staff ready to help.

6. Food A
Give them an A for the food because the two Carolina Packer hotdogs I had were very good. The day was pretty hot and they also had shaved ice to keep you cool. Also if you didn't like the food they had you could walk across the street to McDonald's.

7. Judging and Awards D-
This is a touchy one. This is one of those everybody gets a trophy show. They gave out top 75 cars and there were about 100 to 150 cars there. Congrats you were one of the top 75%! LOL! One car got a huge trophy for top import and they were the only import there. Great Job you are the top import and the only import! I'm not going to hammer the judges too bad but the best of show car was an 85 Mustang GT. I didnt know an 85 GT was best of show unless it was sporting a crazy cool interior and a Terminator or new Coyote motor! In my opinion and the opinion I have weighs nothing in this category but I wouldn't have ranked this car in the top 30. I guess it helps to be a Ford and a member of the club. Come on judges. No favoritism please! It's funny that the nicest car in my honest opinion was not even a Ford. Best of show means best of show! That's why you have best Ford, GM, Mopar etc. One way this show could be really improved is less trophies and bigger trophies that actually mean something. How about top 15, Best of show, best GM, Ford, Mopar and import (as long as there is more than one in the class), best engine, best interior, best paint.

8. Venue B
At least you didn't have to park in the grass or dirt. Nice and paved. It was held at a car dealership with inside bathrooms but there should have been a place to cool off. Oh wait you could walk across the street to Mc'Donald's.

9. Overall D+
This show needs a lot of improvement. I would say a complete overhaul. It needs new leadership and folks that are willing to go out and get door prizes from more sponsors. They need to give you more value for the $20 you paid to register. This show is more of a get together than a car show competition. This show will need a lot of improvement before they will ever grow or get more recognition. If you are looking for a place to go hang out and there are absolutely no other shows going on then this is the show for you. I'm not sure what charity this show was benifitting but you would be better off to send $20 to the charity directly than attending unless this show has a major overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread