Twin Turbos

928gtp

Established Member
i want to do twin turbos on my cobra. i was leaning towards HP. i was just wondering who all was out there and also what all i would need..thanks

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Hellion now makes a TT kit. comes with T61's but you can upgrade to T66's or T76's. You would need fuel system upgrades, air meter, tune. The kits are usually bolt on ones that come with everything. HP Performance is well known for huge delays in shipping, missing pieces, etc. Hellion isn't at this point in time.

928gtp

Established Member
yea i have a stock motor. i know im giong to have to build it up too. what all do i need to do. ive changed out to a solid axle and a t56 transmission (going to change to 26 spline) ... i did all that myself. im just not extremely familiar with what ill need to do to the motor. im in the beginning stages of starting this project..any help would be greatly appreciated

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
+1 read the sticky. Also, most turbo kits seem to require tubular k-member. In the end a turbo srt up can cost well over 10 grand, and that with doing the install yourself and untuned. It's not for the weak.

928gtp

Established Member
im not worried about the money part. i was either going to buy a vette or viper but am leaning towards building the cobra instead.(just cant seem to let her go.lol) ive also decided to have someone else build my motor and hook up the set-up for me..i have a guy that would do it for me but i was also curious if there were any good shops around charelston sc.
i looked at the helion kit and i think i like the new hellion hellraiser kit. anybody have any more info on that one .. i still want to be able to drive this car on the street. do u think this one is too much? i was thinking i could just keep the boost down and sometimes just turn it up for fun.
thanks for the help and sorry for all the question.

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member
I'd say a hellion TT kit would be nice, your gonna need a built motor, you are risking granading your stock block with any added boost.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I hope you have the cash flow. Because If you dont plan on installing yourself your looking at well over 20K parts and labor.

928gtp

Established Member
im not worried about the cash. i just want to make sure im heading in the right direction .. also is it possible with the hellraiser kit to add the supercharger later? i checked out the video but it doesnt explain too much on how it would be on the street

Last edited:

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
I don't see why there would be a streetability issues, the car would drive almost like a stock Cobra until the boost kicked in. Mine drives stock as a clock until boost hits, then a whole different ballgame. So you would most likely have to learn where the power comes in and adjust for this when on the street, or you may impail yourself on someone or something in the blink of an eye, but other than that you should be fine. i would love to help with the hellraiser, but I know next to nothing about it with the exception of what you have already seen, but it makes sense that you could add the S/C later. As for the installation, I have heard horror stories, so unless you are a good fabricator you may look into having one available. I have not heard of one kit fitting perfect the first time around. Just my $.02, I will quit my rambling. If you need any input on running twins on a completely stock 99, I can help, did it for a year...:beer:

01 Venom

Established Member
what is it with people asking if they can add blowers ontop of their turbos these days?

Why bother? you can make plenty of good power with twins

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
what is it with people asking if they can add blowers ontop of their turbos these days?

Why bother? you can make plenty of good power with twins

I agree completely, but I guess to each his/her own...I guess you get the benefit of spol time, but nitrous will do the same thing.

928gtp

Established Member
im just curious about it. it seems interesting.im not positive thats the route i want to go. i definatley want to go with some kind of twin turbo setup though.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
If you are interested in installers in the Charlotte area, send me a PM. A couple hours from Charleston, but the car would be down for a few days anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread