2726932907_d01762f87c_o.jpg

(EDIT: added non HDR version)

tt_frc.jpg

some more of my car shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/optimus_prime/sets/72157604647579190/

Last edited:

whi tri

Established Member
It's so dirty like it was on fire. I'm sure it's fast but you can tell that it has been apart and put back together like 50 times.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
That has got to be one HOT engine bay and I cannot imagine what the intake temps are at the throttle body!!! Not a good design at all IMO.

dirty89LX

Established Member
heh, fair enough..

This is literally the day he put it all together and drove it for one of the first times. The header wrap(obviously not a beautification mod) is an added measure to try to contain underhood temps. the NACA ducts on the hood provide fresh air to the air filters, and they're not finished(sanding, painting, etc) yet. And yes, the HDR does add a measure of detail, and if things aren't extra clean, it's amplified in the picture.

The car is no queen though, it's definitely a street car.

2726934697_1fb833d526_o.jpg

Here's the car before the turbos:

1976125530_97bc647324.jpg

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
how about a pic before HDR.

BTW that picture does not need to be done in HDR since the range of contrast is not very big, and it would most likely look better with no tone mapping.

dirty89LX

Established Member
That has got to be one HOT engine bay and I cannot imagine what the intake temps are at the throttle body!!! Not a good design at all IMO.

from the owner, via another forum:

"The ducts seem to working well. The other day,..I was driving in the morning to work...and I saw 81degrees as my intake air temp, after driving for about 8 minutes( I live close to work now). On saturday, in the dead 5 oclock heat of the day, I saw 111 degrees as my highest intake air temp with about 20 minutes of driving and consistent stops."

GTO30272

Established Member
Nice Setup :beer: I ditched my FAST intake once I went the turbo route. Best of luck with it, but you may want to consider swapping intake manifolds. What kind of motor are you running?

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Its got header wrap & covers on the hot side. I bet the intake temps are not as high as you would expect.

Last edited:

BajaBoy

Established Member
the only thing that takes away from it is the wrap but who cares? its not flashy.. means business. Personally i think the set up is very clean. Maybe take an hour and clean up some of the wiring?

Anyway, that is one sick setup.

Users who are viewing this thread