Twin Turbo Mach1: 511rwhp@8psi **Vid**

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
http://www.mcrdperformance.com/mach1-dyno.mov

found this from:
http://turbomustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15251

attachment.php

Results were 511rwhp @ 8psi, on a completely stock motor and pump gas.

Explanation from the dyno pull: ( This is from RAD at www.inductionconcepts.com)
You will see from the graph, that the power goes up, then levels off, then goes up again. This was my fault. We were trying the 3rd boost controller on this car. The previous two wouldn't control the boost down low (5-8psi) where we needed it and the boost shot off the gauge when we nailed it. We kept having to abort the runs, so I was gun-shy with this car already, I don't want to grenade a motor on the dyno because of too much boost on a stock engine. I always try to be EXTRA careful with a customers car.

So when I started the pull, I floored it, the boost climbed, then there was a little spike, which I think caused me to sub-consciencously lift the pedal a bit, then when I saw that the boost was going to settle down, and not fly off the gauge, I put it on the floor again. You can see that it starts going back up at the same angle as it was before it leveled off. This is also why the torque is down. When you are already in the mid-range rpms, it's more difficult for the torque to recover. Torque normally starts off strong and will trail off as the rpms come up and it is surpassed by hp.

I belive this car is putting out AT LEAST 550rwhp as it sits. I am waiting on the owner to make a pull at a dyno close to him to verify this. If you trace the line up, continuing up at the same angle where it starts to level off in the middle, you will see what I mean about the power I think it's putting down.

When we get another dyno pull, I will post it here to prove/disprove my thoughts.

We are happy with the current numbers because even at 511rwhp, that's 150 more rwhp than an '03 Cobra at the same boost level, not to mention this same kit will make 1000hp and hasn't even gotten to it's real efficiency range yet at 8psi. These turbos are capable of 32psi.

We have also made the decision to move to a different turbo vendor and turbos. We will be using ts-61's for the base Stage II kits, which are capable of 1300hp and ts-70's for the Stage III which are capable of 1600hp.

Last edited:

Sm00th

Established Member
I'm curious how strong is the mach 1 motor? How much hp can it hold?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by Sm00th
I'm curious how strong is the mach 1 motor? How much hp can it hold?

its not forged so just like running a blower on any other stock bottom end cobra its only a matter of time before issues start to occur. Keep in mind that is assuming that the car will be driven hard on occasion. If it was never taken above 3k there would prob be no issues.

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
Originally posted by UBNSTRK
Are the stock internals still in the Mach 1
yes
Results were 511rwhp @ 8psi, on a completely stock motor and pump gas.

edit: i wonder wat kind of number we have, if this kit is on the 03 Cobra with 16psi

Last edited:

95snoozer

Established Member
um that tune looks liek its gonna get real lean there where you expect it to peak. I hope you fattened the curve more for the sake of that motor

74maverick

New bullet coming soon
Established Member
Originally posted by fbody83
wow very impressive :rockon:

Not to flame but how could only 511 rwhp from a twin turbo car be impressive??? i know its a bone stock motor but i was kinda expecting more:shrug:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
500+rwhp is just impressive in any case.

BUT That thing is LEAN up top. Needs injector or pump or something.

Im not that impressed. 511rwhp is nothing that cant be done with a supercharger. The torque is nice. But this car was down for like a year right?:shrug:

I made 514rwhp 446rwtq on my cobra with 9psi at most on fall cool day.

Good work though. Turbos are impressive. I think you need a built block ready for high boost to take advantage though. IMHO

-Zee

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
what are you guys talking about ONLY 511hp with a twin turbo. single or twin it is only pumping out 8 psi. if he had a fully forged motor with turbo compression that thing would spank just about anything on the road. good luck touching that

Users who are viewing this thread