twin turbo input needed

musclemerc

Established Member
What combination of twins would you reccommend?

I have a stock block and for the time being I want to keep it. I'm not looking to make crazy power but on the other hand I'm definately going with twins. I want something that will spool quickly and make good low end TQ

Its going in a 4300lb Marauder with an automatic trans. I already have an almost completed hot side welded up and need to get working on the cold side and turbo mounts

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
probably cause on a stock merc it'll be a ton of work for little return power wise. plus you're probably going to blow that shit up. sorry for the "bad attitude" comment but I know that's what everyone else is thinking-plus the fact that it's 99.99999% a mustang site so alot of people on here know nothing about a 4 door merc saloon.

musclemerc

Established Member
The stock block is good up to 500HP/TQ. Im looking to get 475-480 to be on the safe side so 5~10 lbs boost would make me happy. Afterwards I can consider a cobra SB and go from there upping the boost.

Why would you think there's little to gain on installing twin turbos in a Marauder? Its the same powerplant thats in a Mach1.

I already have a hot side I fabricated over the Summer now I need to get the cold side and turbos done.

BTW: theres a bunch of Marauders making good power north of 600+ and a shit load of us in the 400-500 HP range with stock blocks but most are using Eatons, Trilogys, and Centri's. I'mtrying to be a little diffrent going the TT route

Either way I got the ansewr I was looking for on theturboforums.com I highly recomment this site for other turbo noobs like me

Last edited:

01Tbbullitt

Established Member
With stock internals the marauder block is the same as the mach block I am almost sure, and pushing 480 to that thing is like a ticking time bomb I would say.

BLK_03

Established Member
There is a TON to gain by installing a turbo system on any car. I think it sounds like an awesome project.

I use 61mm turbos. T4 flange and the smallest A/R housing availabe in a T4 which is a .68.

I have a high compression engine and I'm spooled by 3800 RPM.

If spool time is a concern, look to a T3 flanged 57mm setup. You'll make boost quick, and have the ability to go just south of 1000 hp when you build the engine for more boost.

Users who are viewing this thread