Twin Turbo GT B-Heads and B-Intake

Boosted 03

Established Member
I made a couple pulls on the GT last night, and thought I would share. I'm running a Teksid block, B-heads and stock long runner B-Intake. I Made 916RWHP and 902 RWTQ, with a very conservative tune. It's been 5 years of hard work lying on my back in the garage, but its all finaly worth it. Building an entire car from the ground up on a budget takes lots of time and frusturation and so many of us do it. Just thought I would share. The car runs great and pulls like an animal, with no hiccups. The setup still has more in it, but I wanna get some track time and driving in before I realy lean on it. Gotta love the Mod Motors!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nOF67J8fjE4

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
Big Thank You's to the people whom have helped me along the way:

Jim Napier- TurboHorsepower ALWAYS kind and helped me with anything I needed. ALWAYS answered my calls,texts and Emails
no matter the time of day. Modified and adjusted the kit to my likings for free. Hell of a guy!

Mark Kroffe- AKA "The Assasin" Machined and Assembled my engine. Helped with assembly throughout build. The most
knowledgable engine builder i've ever known. His motors are always overachievers and bulletproof.

Ed Clark- Tuning the setup and modifying the tune throughout the process. Email tunes, text tuning and
Phone tuning. LOL Ed is the Man and I thank him for his advice and input.

Steve Ashworth Performance- Big thanks for letting me use the shop DynoJet and for putting up with my shit. Excellant Machine
work and engine work. Steve specializes in building Race engines and all the machine work involved.

And a BIG Thanks to everyone who said I couldnt make big power with this combo and setup. You were truly my biggest inspiration.

goat-ee

Established Member
The video isn't working. Can you detail what your setup is, fuel system, turbo setup, boost, etc., etc!! PICS??? Sounds awesome!!

Boosted 03

Established Member
Updated video URL. Thanks Goat-ee

Teksid Block +.020"
Fox Lake Ported B-heads
Ferrea Valves and comp springs
Ford GT Super car cams
Port Matched Stock Intake (not shortened)
TurboHorspwer 61mm kit
Accufab Large T-body

12.5 Degrees of timing
10.4 A/F Ratio

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
Compression 8.3:1
max timing 12.5
Boost was 30 psi and was controlled by Eboost2 and Tial Wastegates.
C16 Race Gas

we would have passed 1000rwhp with more timing and a cleaner A/F ratio, but I didnt see the point. And it was 4am.

The turbos were laggy due to the fat A/f ratio, I've noticed it comes on much harder when its in the 11.5 range. It pulls through it cleaner.

NGK tr6 .018"
turboenginefront.jpg

By boosted01 at 2011-06-26

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
awesome build brotha- nice to see someone get results when they have really put the time in- not just paying other people to do their work for them- congrats

goat-ee

Established Member
Compression 8.3:1
max timing 12.5
Boost was 30 psi and was controlled by Eboost2 and Tial Wastegates.
C16 Race Gas

we would have passed 1000rwhp with more timing and a cleaner A/F ratio, but I didnt see the point. And it was 4am.

The turbos were laggy due to the fat A/f ratio, I've noticed it comes on much harder when its in the 11.5 range. It pulls through it cleaner.

NGK tr6 .018"

small engine, 8.3:1 compression and twin 61's aren't helping the spool time either, but that things gotta feel like an animal when it gets going!!!

What are your intentions with the car? Drag, street or ?? With the big and littles I assume drag? With a manual transmission that's gonna be tough in the 1/4 to get spooled and down the track. Hell I never could get my SINGLE 62mm down the track with a respectable time. Have you considered an automatic?

Boosted 03

Established Member
I'm doing the TH400 Swap and Rear End build up now. It will be a Track car mostly with some street time for car shows and driving to the local tracks. Most likely a 70/30 split.

Im still running the stock rearend. :)

I'll be selling the entire t56 setup very soon. Driveshaft, crossmember,harness,Billet flywheel, shiter and clutch adjusting cable kit all together.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I'm doing the TH400 Swap and Rear End build up now. It will be a Track car mostly with some street time for car shows and driving to the local tracks. Most likely a 70/30 split.

Im still running the stock rearend. :)

I'll be selling the entire t56 setup very soon. Driveshaft, crossmember,harness,Billet flywheel, shiter and clutch adjusting cable kit all together.

How much are you thinking for the t56 setup? PM me if youd like. Nice build by the way! :beer::beer:

goat-ee

Established Member
Hey it looks like you have the Billet Specialties wheels. I also have them, but can't decide on which tire to put on the 10" rears. I assume you also have the 10" rears...what size and brand tire do you have? Yours looks nice!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread