Twin Turbo eboost2 Setup

johnny3gears

On3 Budget Turbo Club
Established Member
PREFACE- I am having trouble figuring out all the different vacuum distribution stuff for a turbo setup in general so any helpful links to that would be greatly appreciated. I bought a vacuum distribution block to help clean things up whenever I get it all figured out. This is for a 2011 5.0 with 67mm twins running between 5 and 10 psi [for now] if it matters.

Alrighty then, this is what I THINK should be done with my setup except for plugging both turbos and having the solenoid being fed from the intake manifold [instead of from just one of the turbos].

TwinsVacuumDist.JPG

From Turbosmart's pdf though, it says that for V configuration engines you should have two solenoids to speed up control and reduce the amount of vacuum lines [for a twin turbo twin wastegate setup]. Anybody have any experience with the difference in response time?

They have so many ways to set stuff up in there pdf and I'm so confused lol
http://www.turbosmartusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/eBoost2-4.19-MAY-121.pdf

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
Dual solenoids makes the plumbing a bit cleaner and easier.
The reaction to changes will also be a bit faster simply doe to the reduction of hose to fill and manipulate.
However, on a street car, you most likely wouldn't notice any difference.
Both methods will control your boost just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread