Twin Turbo 5.4 DOHC Mystichrome

VETTKLR

Established Member
dude that is very nice. How much power you makin?
No numbers yet...I just got it tuned this past weekend. We were looking for around 1,000 @ 25psi, but it appears to be a little more peppy than that. LOL

Very nice car. Question for you how do you like that spec twin disk? I just put the 1400hp model in my Corvette. What model are you using? Holding the power okay?
I have the same clutch. It's a grabby little bastard with no intention of letting loose of it's grip...so far LOL

Dude that thing is BAD!!! The only thing that I'm not really diggin' is the hood, but I know there probably aren't many (or any) other options. Great work!!!
I'll post a profile pic for ya...that big bastard looks intimidating from those camera angles, but the average 6' tall driver can see right over it, just like a WS6 RamAir hood.

Very nice! More info on the 5.4 setup and turbo kit???
If you've got time, here's an exhaustive 21 page thread on the project...
http://amarilloracers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11710&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

WOW!!! I need to get on AR to check it more or maybe make a trip there since the track here is closed.
Damn right! :beer:

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Awesome car dude, ton of money in there but looks like you got all the good stuff!!

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I think this is officially the baddest terminator on svtperformance, no contest. cant stop staring at it, and imagining all that power.........drool.

VETTKLR

Established Member
Awesome car dude, ton of money in there but looks like you got all the good stuff!!

Thank You! :beer:

Here's a few pics of the build...

I picked the 5.4 Navi longblock up from Jim Napier of Turbo Horsepower. It came with one of MMR's sheetmetal uppers that bolt to a worked over Navi lower intake.
8-7-2006026.jpg

8-7-2006025.jpg

8-7-2006031.jpg

8-7-2006030.jpg

8-7-2006029.jpg

8-7-2006028.jpg

8-7-2006027.jpg

Exhaust Cam's girdle had to be clearanced to work with the larger lobes.
8-8-2006007.jpg

67mm Precision Turbos
IMG_0194.jpg

Some hotside piping
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

The cold side was painted with some bass boat flake shit, but we fixed that with the real deal Mystichrome paint, when it came time to paint the hood
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Some mock-up and fitment pics:
DSC01875.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

Definitely needed the HO Fibertrends 4" cowl hood...
DSC01877.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Polished Sullivan Intake...we decided this would flow better than the MMR Sheetmetal Intake, coupled to a Navigator Lower Intake
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

I sure do like the way the blowoff valves came out, on top of the intercooler.
IMG_0432.jpg

CobraPics007.jpg

CobraPics014.jpg

CobraPics013.jpg

Here's where we painted the hood
CobraPics006-1.jpg

CobraPics007-1.jpg

CobraPics008-1.jpg

CobraPics010-1.jpg

...along with fixing that bassboat paintjob on the cold side...
CobraPics003.jpg

CobraPics004.jpg

Custom 3-piece 19" True Forged Victory's arrival...
Pics7-18-2008008.jpg

Pics7-18-2008010.jpg

19x9 up front and 19x10.5 out back
Pics7-18-2008011.jpg

nice man damn thats a tight fit

You ain't shittin! That was a freakin' battle to get that thing into the car!

Avenger

Established Member
Absolutely awesome !! Quite possibly the sickest combo on SVTP !! There's one thing bothering me with your setup though. When drooling over the engine bay pictures, it would be nice if there was no hood prop in sight. You need to get rid of it for some struts :D

Other than that, I could see myself driving it :lol:

Last edited:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Absolutely awesome !! Quite possibly the sickest combo on SVTP !! There's one thing bothering me with your setup though. When drooling over the engine bay pictures, it would be nice if there was no hood prop in sight. You need to get rid of it for some struts :D

Other than that, I could see myself driving it :lol:

I know it! :lol1:

I don't know if I could use struts on this hood. It's super-thin! I'll hit up my painter, Mike Arnold of Southwest Collision, Amarillo, TX and see what he can do. The guy's a freaking miracle worker and could probably pull it off! When the fabricator of the kit had the car, the hood got dropped on one of it's edges and spiderwebbed the shit out of it. Mike ground down each individual crack and repaired/painted it all in record time!

We were also looking at these hood latches to keep the hood where it belongs...
http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/aerocatch_plus_flush_hood_latches.htm
They're paintable, so I think they'd blend in nicely.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
wow i have to agree with the statement about being the baddest car on SVTP! absolutely amazing

My 2 cents to add in would be to to have your body man turn that straight up 4 inch cowl into more of a cobra R cowl...where it has 2 step ups. That seems like it would make the whole hood look smaller and the cowl not so straight up on the sides...

Users who are viewing this thread