Twin Turbo 2v with 12:1 c/r

SSeatr

Established Member
Nice! Im at 10:1 and everyone local is giving me hell that its too much CR for twins without running.

I am running E85 and 2 tuners say that no more then 12-14lbs with 10:1 lol

I go on 5/24 to see what I can get out of the 80# because I ran out of money for larger ones

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Now I'm running full timing with the same tune I ran last year with the old engine. The exact same tune. Still only running 12psi.
[youtube_browser]UCoJi8ano3M[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]zsp4g009TkQ[/youtube_browser]

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Awesome setup!

Besides the boost gauge, what other gauges are you running?

I wish E85 were more available in my area or I'd get an E85 tune. There's only one gas station 20 minutes across town that sells it. Maybe I could get a flip chip tune.

What type of fuel system are you running? I'm assuming it's more than a 255 LPH pump and 42 lb injectors. If I were to do an E85 tune, I would probably have to do some major upgrades to the fuel system.

I'm a big fan of high compression. But lots of people are afraid of it. Older pushrod motors (not just fords), we're more prone to detonation because of the combustion chamber design, less sophisticated computer (if it even had fuel injection), no knock sensors, and lots of other little engineering tweaks that make the modular motor design and its engine controls much more sophisticated. People are still going by what they learned with older motors that had less ways of managing detonation.

See, compression is the one thing in your engine that you can't change. It costs roughly the same to go high compression or low compression, but once you install the motor, you can't change it.. You're stuck with it.

However, there are more and more ways of managing detonation nowadays which allows us to safely run a higher compression, which in turn improves throttle response, fuel mileage, and power.. More detailed fuel and ignition maps that allows you to pull timing or add extra fuel at a certain rpm, throttle position, boost level, or engine load. Knock sensors also help. E-85. Meth Injection..

On a street driven motor, I think it's always better to go with a slightly higher compression, especially with a centri blower because you get much better off boost throttle response.

I'm running 10.3:1 compression on 93 octane with 11-12 lbs of boost via a procharger and 3 core intercooler.

It's the longest lasting engine I've had yet in my car... And it makes up to 150 more HP between 3000 and 4000 rpm, even though it makes about 20 less peak power because I have a conservative tune that gradually pulls timing and adds fuel past 6000 rpm to keep detonation at bay.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
high comp + lower boost is the new combo since tuning knowledge and e85 have come about to really let such a combination shine and thrive.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I run twin bosch 044 pumps and 80lb injectors.
My base fuel pressure is 65psi.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Car weighing 100+lbs more and in warmer heat.
[youtube_browser]5ncVagnqnI0[/youtube_browser]

Bud

Established Member
Glad to see somebody else running high compression w/ turbo. I've been second guessing my decision to go 11 to 1, but feeling better about it now.

You running a transbrake?

Users who are viewing this thread