Twin Turbo, 07-08 GT500, or 06-08 Z06

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
I have a 726 rwhp 03 cobra and can't decide what to do. Ive always wanted to go Twin Turbo but it's alot to go from Whipple to turbo. And I was looking into selling the cobra and getting a 07-08 GT500, but yesterday I took a ride in a buddies 06 Z06 and now Im thinking about getting one. Please help!!

97svtman

Established Member
i wish i had a decision like that to make ha but seriously depends what would need to be done to the 03 to put on the twins i.e. stronger bottom end and such. but that aside i would go gt500 over z06 just bc i love the sound of those superchargers including a termy.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'd say get the Z06 if youre looking for something stock that's fast and handles great. Theyre expensive to mod though.

Otherwise, if you're just looking to go very fast, I vote for the twin turbo setup. lol

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I would try to trade plus some cash for either a Z06 or the GT500. Personally I would choose the Z.

XtraTQ

Established Member
I'd go with a '10-'11 GT500 or a C6Z06. If I had to have a backseat I'd go with the Shelby, otherwise I'd go with the Z06.

Fuerza

Established Member
I would go with a Z06, plenty of power, great handling and straight line performance. The maintenance behind at TT Cobra sounds like a pain IMO, GT500... Maybe if it was a really great deal.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Have you looked into the GS Corvette? That is a great starting point and leaves you with allot of mod money as well. If you don't like the GS, I would probably go with the Z.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Have you looked into the GS Corvette? That is a great starting point and leaves you with allot of mod money as well. If you don't like the GS, I would probably go with the Z.

I've been thinking the same thing, :)

Sent with Riddla's massive johnson

CobraKid04

Established Member
how much are you trying to spend? a decent z06 in those years are around 40-45k.

If your ganna do wicked mods to the z06 as well, I would get a GS. The Ls3 engine can handle more power(some have great luck with the Ls7 as well) and is much less expensive to replace if something goes wrong.

If I were you I would get a 1lt GS for 45-50k out the door add a full exhaust and procharger, clutch and you got 600rwhp. That would be very fun on the street/ and handle like a dream. Not only that you have new car.

If you just want a cam and exhaust and don't care about the targa or being used, get the z06. 500rwhp+ with a cam and full exhaust, more than enough to take down KB, whipple cobras.

If you want to drag people down the strip or highway, do the TT shelby. Very cool, but the upkeep would suck and the power is barely usable on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread