Twin Turbo 03/04 Mach1 and Cobra Kit Completed, 511hp @ 8psi

grnenvy

Established Member
It's a very nice kit but I don't think the bottom end can handle much more, it's over kill in my opinion. Would be alot better on the cobra bottom end.

cobra101

Established Member
I agree, that motor will be short lived so long as the guy drives it like intended (HARD!!!).

I believe most experts (which I am not) agree that about 500 FWHP is the threshold for a non-forged motor. I mean I guess it will run for awhile but if driven hard I imagine 30k-50k miles?

Any ideas? Will this motor last if driven aggressively?

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Weak torque, and I don't want to give up my factory intercooler setup. Its there, it works great, why bother, and it would save cost and cutting to not have to replace that, just develop a sheetmetal upper to keep the factory Garret IC. Is there room in front of the turbos to put a Fluidyne radiator? I'd hate to be limited with our stock cooling system and more power, thats a dead end I don't want to be caught in. I love the turbo idea but something is not right: max torque not until 4750 (before they lifted) and even then it doesn't beat a pullied eaton. Turbos are capable of 1000hp, car doesn't put down half of that (I know, at the wheels) and he's already upgrading to 1300hp turbos?!

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
This kit works on the new 03/04 Cobras and the Mach1

The test mule was a new Mach 1, its all they had to work with at the time.

Last edited:

xenon

Established Member
The guy who owns the MACH is already shopping for a built shortblock. This system is total overkill for the stock block.

Users who are viewing this thread