Twin Screwing Mach

Ebrunott

Established Member
So after my 3rd deployment and countless hours spent on car shopping I've decided instead of buying a new car to blow the brains out of my current one.

I'm looking at having my motor build by Boosted Performance in Mooresville, North Carolina. All of the bells and whistles required to support the blower etc.

The blower however is where my question lies. I'm not sure what blower to run. I'm torn between a 2.6L, 2.8L Kenne Bell, or a 2.3, 2.9 Whipple.

My power goals are 600 to the wheels. I know with any of these blowers I should be capable of making that power, but I would like to have room to grow incase I get to "used" to 600 wheel HP. I also know VMP and TVS's are options too but I haven't been able to find much on any Mach's running either of those brand blowers. I'm looking only into running a PD unit, so please leave out the suggestions for turbo/centrifugal blowers.

If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443065858.714887.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443065951.255495.jpg

Whipper 2.3 here and I can guarantee you will get used to the 600whp. Back when I did my swap it was either the 2.3 or 3.4, if the 2.9 was available Id have been all over it.

cj428mach

Established Member
VMP TVS and the reason is the removable inlet. I've only had mine on since May but I've removed the inlet a couple of times and its worth its weight in gold.

If I ever go up to a 2.9 I'll have to have a custom inlet built so I don't have to pull the blower all the time to work on the car. I pulled my 2.3L Whipple several times just to work on the rails/injectors and never again will I do that.

Ebrunott

Established Member
I'm just worried about potentially hitting the TVS' power peak at 600. I'm planning on having room to grow, possibly eventually to over 800 whp. I don't know where a TVS stacks as far as max boost/max power.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm just worried about potentially hitting the TVS' power peak at 600. I'm planning on having room to grow, possibly eventually to over 800 whp. I don't know where a TVS stacks as far as max boost/max power.

The TVS is at the very least = to the 2.3L Whipple if not more potent.

The TVS will do 700-750rwhp on E85 on a terminator all day long. The 2.9 would be an awesome blower but I'm not going back to something that doesn't have a removable inlet.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
look at what guys like senkak and a couple others are putting down with a VMP TVS, its way over 600

Ebrunott

Established Member
I just don't really want to rely on E85 to get me to my power levels. You guys think a TVS can spin enough without E85 for over 600?

Woody6799

Established Member
Research the TVS 2.3 vs the 2.9. There are some real heated debates and these blowers are neck and neck on pump gas. I personally went TVS with the GT500 tb

Users who are viewing this thread