Twin Screw Help

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
With new found funds I have been looking into picking up a twin screw for my cobra finally after 5 years of ownership. I have always favored KB but with the new whipple 2.9 I have been leaning torwards trying that route. I really am not sure about which size to get as far as Kenne Bell goes. I really want low 600ishWHP with just a stock engine minus CAI and exhaust. What is some of your guys opinion on these two super chargers? Next Fuel wise what should a guy do with in a reasonable price to upgrade his fuel system to support this amount of horsepower(beside injectors). I know about the boost a pump but prefer not to go this route.

ctubbs

Established Member
Save yourself some money and get a VMP TVS. If you only want 600rwhp, a 2.9 whipple is to big. You would be better off with a 2.3 or maybe a 2.6 kenne bell. But for the money, you cant beat a TVS for price and power. I would do the lethal budget return fuel system also. But if you want to stay returnless, i would get a divison X fuel hat, some GT pumps and some 60's for the power you want to make.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
I have been looking at the division x hats and from my understanding these are for return style fuel systems. I deaf want to stay return less at the power level I want.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have been looking at the division x hats and from my understanding these are for return style fuel systems. I deaf want to stay return less at the power level I want.

The Div X hat can be used for return or returnless.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Thanks Senkak, Would you care to PM a price on the TVS 2.3 and just some info on it? boost need to reach my horsepower and any differences of this and a twin screw.

Thanks

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Any other inputs or am i just not cool enough to get a response.lol

Keep in mind this topic has been discussed many times in the past 10 years.
Sit back, get a cold drink and spend some time reading as there is a lot of info on the subject.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Here is the link for info on the VMP TVS 2.3
Pricing :
Blower, Monster inlet for BBK or Accufab TB and interchangeable pulley system $3399
Blower, Monster inlet for Dragaon TB w/ remote IAC, and interchangeable pulley system $3499
Blower, Monster inlet, new elbow to fit the FRPP SCJ SBTB and and interchangeable pulley system $3599

VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger for 2003-2004 Cobra Big Elbow (pre-order): VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
run low boost on the 2.9, it would be more efficient than spinning the little tvs to hell

Your complete and utter lack of knowledge and experience never ceases to amaze me.:nonono:

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I agree with anabolic. I don't have experience with the TVS 2.3 but see it does make good numbers however, I think we can agree that if you want to move up in power the smaller blower will be the limiting factor. I know when I changed the stock Eaton out for a baby 2.3 Whipple it was a nice step up but I wanted more immediately. Just going off my experience, I'd go bigger and leave yourself room to grow.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
2.9 is overkill if your just looking for 600rwhp HOWEVER, once you get there and after you've been driving at that level for a while you're going to want more power. With the 2.9 that will be cake and it won't even be breaking a sweat. Spend the extra money and get a 2.9 so you have room to easily add more power if desired.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
After reading all of these posts on the TVS initially I was a little skeptic as im sure most on here are. I had the chance to see Senkaks car last weekend and after seeing what his car did im all about the TVS. IMO its the best bang for the buck by far and will get you your 600 RWHP number with ease.

I thought the Division X hat was only for return systems as well? I know for sure with the Fore hat you can run either return or returnless set ups, but was under the impression the budget kit was only return. IMO the Lethal kits and Fores fuel kits are the best out there for our cars.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Am i totally confused or was there not a rumor or thread about fore going out of business? I thought this was the reason lethal started making fuel components.

I read the same thing and Im not exactly sure what happened. I can say that they are open for business and offer some great products. foreinnovations.com. Sounds like a Fore hat and GT pumps may be in your future. I strongly urge you to consider doing a return system over the returnless even if you only plan to made 600 hp. Fores level 1 with GSS 342s or the lethal budget kit will do the job nicely.

I know Lethal carried Fore products in the past but they only carry the Division X now.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
my TVS pro's & con's

pro's
great torque & hp
eaton reliability

con's
not a big fan of the VMP symbol
not EGR compatible

It would be a difficult decision if I was in the market for a blower today.....hard to pass up the effieciency of the TVS...where as the whipple just seems to look like its a factory part to me with its design & finish.....:beer:

Ralo

Established Member
I have a 2.3 Whipple that's been in the closet for over a year. After buying a handful of parts I lost interest lol. A whipple 2.3 or the TVS would get you to your goals. The bigger blowers take more to spin and are more in their efficiency range when at high boost.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
the OP didn't even mention a tvs in his thoughts of what he wants for his car

and the tvs guys chime in .. i saw it coming:D

OP .. you can reach low 600s with the 2.9 whipple easily and have tons of room to bump it up later on .. i make 611 with my 2.3 whipple and i only spin it to 17lbs.. you'd be happy with either .. any kb would net you those #'s as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread