Twin Disc Clutch?

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hi Everybody

I just got a spec SS-trim Super Twin disc clutch kit installed, and had some questions about new clutch noise's.

Ok so when you push in the clutch you can hear rattle noise, and also when there's a loud noise that occurs in 2 thru 6 gear during acceleration only between 1500 to 2000 rpm. Is this normal for a twin disc?

Thanks

redline5.0

Established Member
Hi Everybody

I just got a spec SS-trim Super Twin disc clutch kit installed, and had some questions about new clutch noise's.

Ok so when you push in the clutch you can hear rattle noise, and also when there's a loud noise that occurs in 2 thru 6 gear during acceleration only between 1500 to 2000 rpm. Is this normal for a twin disc?

Thanks

Yes the clutch chater is normal when you bog the motor to much in low rpm's.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Can someone upload a video? I have an rxt and lightened steel flywheel. I really didn't get any clutch chatter. Only thing i would get, is if I was taking off from a stop sign, and slipped the clutch to long the car would shake, the clutch would chatter. I have a Chevy cruze 6 speed as my daily, so sometimes I forget where I'm trying to grab lol.

As far as noise at low rpm when the motor is kind of lugging, I didn't get any of that. Maybe it's from an aluminum flywheel? If that's what you guys have? I notice on my father's mach 1 with an exedy clutch and aluminum flywheel, he'll get some of that chattering noise at low rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread