TVS Upgrade and Exhaust Comparison Dyno video for my 2010 Shelby

Sielmo

Established Member
Hey all,
Wanted to share my Dyno results for the newly installed TVS on my 2010 Shelby. The dyno malfunctioned so I'll be going back when they repair it but we were able to get the new HP numbers which was 647WHP. This was a 75HP increase over the Eaton pulley upgrade package (tune, pulley, TB and 123mm JLT intake) Secondly, my other purpose of this post was to show the differences I encountered with different exhaust mufflers. My dyno last year was with Stainless Works LT, HF cats, H pipe and Ford Racing Cat-back exhaust (and pulley upgrade package). The latest dyno (with TVS upgrade, 2.4" pulley, new tune, 52lb injectors and elements of the previous upgrade) is with all the exhaust mentioned but instead with the Borla Touring.

Ford Racing Cat-back, LT, HF Cats and H-pipe (Eaton with Pulley Upgrade package)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P3E2ZiQ--s&feature=youtu.be
Borla Touring Cat-back, LT, HF Cats and H-pipe (TVS upgrade and elements of the previous upgrade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjhGKefkBfU

Last edited:

Sielmo

Established Member
Are your only fuel mods injectors?
I've been told that a 2.4 requires a bap on the 2010.

My only fuel upgrade was the 52lb injectors. JDM assured me that is all I would need at this point and the dyno is strong, no fuel starvation. I'll be going back when the dyno is back up to snuff to get the full readings.

colin1966

Established Member
Hey Terry,
Glad to see you got it up & running, I like the white TVS & sounds very good.
Are you running a 91 or 93 tune?
I would suspect those are 55# injectors (13/14 injectors)

Colin

Speedboosted

Established Member
Hey Terry,
Glad to see you got it up & running, I like the white TVS & sounds very good.
Are you running a 91 or 93 tune?
I would suspect those are 55# injectors (13/14 injectors)

Colin

I always heard they are 56# injectors. I guess it depends what fuel pressure is set at when rating them, but I think everyone should call them 13/14 injectors to avoid confusion lol

Sielmo

Established Member
Colin,
Yes, 52/55lb injectors...depending who you ask. I'm running a 91 Octane tune since 93 is almost impossible to find out here. Very happy with the results and I've schedule another dyno in March for a more comprehensive tune review. Thanks again Colin, for the assistance!

SirShaun

Established Member
I'm running a GEN II VMP TVS, 2.4 Upper, 10% Lower, with ID1000s.

I was running out of fuel pump 5000+ RPM, but the injectors were carrying it.

From Justin
"Also, your fuel pump is done at 5000rpm, I’m really really surprised, I suspect the car has 20k mi or so on it and the filters have picked up some junk."

I had him elaborate.
"The fuel pump maxes and then pressure starts to drop, it still has fuel due to the big injectors. Try boosting first, we have our units in stock."

It's still safe as long as your injectors will carry it. I will probably add a set of fuel pump boosters just for some peace of mind.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have almost the same set up; Trinity w/ 2.4, JLT intake, 65mm FRPP TB, BPS plenum, Kooks L/T's, Kooks 3" O/R H-pipe and 3" Shelby Super Snake cat back. I also run the 13/14 injectors and I ran out of pump. Installed a KB BAP and now have all sorts of headroom.
With the 65mm TB I made 720 on 93 and with a L&M 72 I made 740. Same day, same air.
I do have a Revan Raving Heat Exchanger too, but otherwise we have very similar set ups.
I've found the cats are a huge restriction at this level, I picked up 20 RWHP dropping them and another 20 going from the 65 TB to the 72. The 72 ran like shit though so I went back to the 65 and will be looking to tune a Whipple mono real soon.

Oh and mines a white with grabber 10' also! :-D

Last edited:

Sielmo

Established Member
I'm running a GEN II VMP TVS, 2.4 Upper, 10% Lower, with ID1000s.

I was running out of fuel pump 5000+ RPM, but the injectors were carrying it.

From Justin
"Also, your fuel pump is done at 5000rpm, I’m really really surprised, I suspect the car has 20k mi or so on it and the filters have picked up some junk."

I had him elaborate.
"The fuel pump maxes and then pressure starts to drop, it still has fuel due to the big injectors. Try boosting first, we have our units in stock."

It's still safe as long as your injectors will carry it. I will probably add a set of fuel pump boosters just for some peace of mind.

Interesting. I just reached 25K as well...I'm still on the 52lb injectors as I've had a series of issues with the new ID 1000s which are currently being replaced under warranty. Despite this and a bit of lean above 6K, fuel readings are solid. The tuner I am using strongly opposes using a BAP which I understand their point of view. They further state that they typically see fuel starvation (pump) issues in the neighborhood of 720whp. I suppose another option would be to upgrade the fuel pump however, I'll need to do some research.

Sielmo

Established Member
I have almost the same set up; Trinity w/ 2.4, JLT intake, 65mm FRPP TB, BPS plenum, Kooks L/T's, Kooks 3" O/R H-pipe and 3" Shelby Super Snake cat back. I also run the 13/14 injectors and I ran out of pump. Installed a KB BAP and now have all sorts of headroom.
With the 65mm TB I made 720 on 93 and with a L&M 72 I made 740. Same day, same air.
I do have a Revan Raving Heat Exchanger too, but otherwise we have very similar set ups.
I've found the cats are a huge restriction at this level, I picked up 20 RWHP dropping them and another 20 going from the 65 TB to the 72. The 72 ran like shit though so I went back to the 65 and will be looking to tune a Whipple mono real soon.

Oh and mines a white with grabber 10' also! :-D

Nice numbers and my favorite color set up (lol)

Other than getting my injector issues squared away, I'll likely drop my cats and stop there with the exception of better traction. As I mentioned on the above reply, my tuner is solidly against BAPs and based on their reputation, quality of tunes etc, and recommendation, I'm apprehensive to stray from their advice. This is also not blind advice from them, as they have been reviewing my all my data logs and dynos specifically looking for fuel issues. This being said, I'm not closed to the option or at least getting more informed about the BAP.

Again, those are impressive numbers!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I've been running a KB 17.5 volt BAP for about 3 years with no issues. I purchased after speaking with Van. He explained how it would help deliver a more precise voltage level to the pumps. I also purchased some modified 72 lb injectors from him that have been flawless. I am however, looking to upgrade the injectors to ID1000's after swapping out my VMP gen I to a gen II. Yours is the first I've heard of having issues with the 1000's. I'm curious as to what the problem was and how it was diagnosed.

Sielmo

Established Member
I've been running a KB 17.5 volt BAP for about 3 years with no issues. I purchased after speaking with Van. He explained how it would help deliver a more precise voltage level to the pumps. I also purchased some modified 72 lb injectors from him that have been flawless. I am however, looking to upgrade the injectors to ID1000's after swapping out my VMP gen I to a gen II. Yours is the first I've heard of having issues with the 1000's. I'm curious as to what the problem was and how it was diagnosed.

I sent you a PM.

Sielmo

Established Member

I was that "lucky guy" who got a bad injector and it appears now that I have another. ID is replacing them under warranty and I should be back up and running next week.
I'll need to look into the BAP...thanks for the feedback.

Sielmo

Established Member
Hey all,
Wanted to share my Dyno results for the newly installed TVS on my 2010 Shelby. The dyno malfunctioned so I'll be going back when they repair it but we were able to get the new HP numbers which was 647WHP. This was a 75HP increase over the Eaton pulley upgrade package (tune, pulley, TB and 123mm JLT intake) Secondly, my other purpose of this post was to show the differences I encountered with different exhaust mufflers. My dyno last year was with Stainless Works LT, HF cats, H pipe and Ford Racing Cat-back exhaust (and pulley upgrade package). The latest dyno (with TVS upgrade, 2.4" pulley, new tune, 52lb injectors and elements of the previous upgrade) is with all the exhaust mentioned but instead with the Borla Touring.

Ford Racing Cat-back, LT, HF Cats and H-pipe (Eaton with Pulley Upgrade package)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P3E2ZiQ--s&feature=youtu.be
Borla Touring Cat-back, LT, HF Cats and H-pipe (TVS upgrade and elements of the previous upgrade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjhGKefkBfU

Here is the latest dyno with my documented gains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovS928BzRzU

Users who are viewing this thread