TVS owners, pulley combo question and n2o questions inside

KC_SVT

Established Member
Fellow TVS owners, is anyone running a 2.8 upper/4lb lower setup on a stock heads/cams/comp setup with longtubes? Steigemeier is local to me and are machining these "constrictor grip" pulleys, to which the groves in the pulley are machined to match the profile of the 8 rib belt better and my local tuner is having great luck with them, recenty tuned a ported eaton with a 2.4 upper and had zero belt slip issues. I am currently running a 3.0 upper and 4lb lower on my car with ARH 1-7/8" LT's and making 21.5lbs. I'm wanting to have steigemeier machine a new pulley for my car as I am convinced I was getting a little belt slip last year after switching idlers and belt lengths. My question is, will a 2.8/4lb combo be beneficial and how much more boost can I expect to make with this setup?

Also, i have been debating shooting my car with a small n2o shot this summer. What gains, ET/MPH, are you TVS guys picking up with a small n2o shot (50-100).

Thanks!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would be interested in purchasing a 2.6 pulley if he will be making more than one. From what I have heard our cars pick up a crap load of tq from the juice. I think Posi is running a 2.8/4 lb. lower with good success. I know his motor is built but I am not sure what cams or heads he is running. I believe Wicked46 is running nitrous on his built/auto/ TVS car, you should PM him for details.

Keep us posted on what you hear about the pullies. I ran a 2.6 upper on the dyno last spring and it slipped up top. I bought a different brand belt but have not tried it out yet. Would love to have a different pulley that was more resistant to slipping for added insurance.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Ive thought about running a 2.8/4lb combo which would be 22lbs, has my current 3.0/4lb is at 20lbs, may try it in the fall

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
I just installed a 4lb lower to go with 2.8 upper. A quick rip in 3rd showed between 23-24 psi. That is on stock manifolds. I plan to run 1 7/8" longtubes so I would expect to lose 1-2 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread