TVS or Procharger with stall on my 5.0..............

Procharger with a stall or TVS?

• Total voters

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
F150 screw? So I am almost done with all visual mods to my truck and looking ahead to some boost next year. I am up in the air on which route to go? I have never owned a centifical blower on any of my vehicles and been thinking about it for my truck. But my concern is if it will be worth it since the 5.0 is already top end motor and lacking in down low TQ. If I do a stall I am sure it would be different animal but worried about drivabiltlity too as this is my DD. I just worried it won't be as fun from stop light to stop light especially without a stall. So should I go with a TVS instead? I like the idea but have had a postive displacement blower and while fun I feel like I need to try something different. I don't plan on running at the track much, may be twice a year, this is mainly to catch people on the street off guard!

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
Instant boost is so much better. **** those centri's lol.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
For a truck... absolutely go with a positive displacement blower. You're hauling around a bunch of weight, and you said you won't go to the track but a couple times.

Mach828

Established Member
I'm a big centri fan, but on an F150 I'd go with the TVS. 5,000lb truck is going to need all the low end torque it can get.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Should of read the thread first. Since its on the truck low end torque ftw. On mustang I would do centri because you get turbo characteristics with supercharger tendencies

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
TVS.

My dad boosted his expedition with a vortech. Was fun for highway driving, but off the line it took a while for it to kick in.

Users who are viewing this thread