Tvs or nitrous at 60k miles

basspro302

Established Member
I'm on the hunt for more power I can't stand having my old srt4 run a faster 1/4 mile time. Car is a 2013 m6 3.31 I know there are a lot of tvs vs nitrous threads so don't flame me lol. Anyways just looking for some advice or experience with higher mileage 5.0s. I plan on a built engine eventually just want to keep the stock block as long as possible.

kdaly

Established Member
Installed boost at 55k. Went Centri, and I'd still go this route today if I wanted a supercharger.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Nothing wrong with boost at 60k miles. Ive boosted cars with way more miles than that. As long as the engine has been taken care of I wouldnt hesitate.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Both are fun, I've had several Pd blower cars and 2 nitrous cars, don't let the n20 kits up front cost fool you. A good plate n20 setup costs about 1200-1500 for everything.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Went boost at 50k miles with TVS. Needed more power and wanted it in a different way and switched out for turbo. Now at 64k miles and still modding and putting more power on. SOOO glad I went turbo.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Both are fun, I've had several Pd blower cars and 2 nitrous cars, don't let the n20 kits up front cost fool you. A good plate n20 setup costs about 1200-1500 for everything.

On top of filling the bottle every 5 or so passes

There's more room to grow with the S/C on stock internals.

I really enjoy my nitrous setup but If I could go back and start over do F/I right out the gate

Last edited:

basspro302

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I'm leaning toward the vmp kit and maybe selling the car and switch to an auto. I'm really impressed with the times the 6r80 guys are running.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I'm leaning toward the vmp kit and maybe selling the car and switch to an auto. I'm really impressed with the times the 6r80 guys are running.

Trading in the M6 first to a A6 is a wise choice before you get addicted to Boost!

Users who are viewing this thread