TVS guys come on in..

dabster

Established Member
How long have you guys lasted on stock block and at what power/pulley/fuel? I know the blowers are harder on the motor, and I see a lot of people pop them pretty often it feels like. I'm currently on the 85mm pulley and want to go down to the 82 and E. I want more power but I'm debating just doing the block as well when I switch to E and do the pulley.

Also, what time/trap are you running with your various set ups? I wanna be at least mid 10's in my stick car next year.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

James Calhoun

Established Member
Daily driven with 82MM and 93 oct. VMP stage 3 kit with bone stock engine. Installed in mid aug and just clocked 2800 miles on it and im going to say 125-140 passes from 1-3rd and tuned with VMP tuning and it made 620's at Bowlin green on his dyno trailer at NMRA in oct. If it pop's tmro i won't complain a bit. I do run a 79mm with 93 and torco for race time. So i know im on borrowed time. Just one of those gota have more power things.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
A TVS isn't any harder on a stock engine then any other blower. Not sure where your seeing all these popped motors at...

An 82mm on pump gas is very safe. Add E85 and expect another 40whp. Oil pump gears would be good insurance for anything close to 650whp and above...

466roller

Established Member
TVS here, had it on for about 10 months. Roughly 10k miles. Car is my DD. Started on the 82mm pulley and recently switched to a 79. I ran without a BAP with the 82 but added it with the 79. I'm also running ID 1000's and have OPG's. About to install long tubes and a fuel system. The TVS is a great way to go, IMO.

mitchster

Established Member
Installed Phase I Roush last year. Then in June of this year I upgraded to Phase II. No complaint yet. I plan on installing a 82mm pulley next year.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Mine is a 2013 gt with VMP stage 2, 85mm pulley 5000mi with supercharger and 29500 total and now I have a rod knocking and the car is down. I don't know what happened exactly it was at Ford with a miss and when I went to pick it up it was knocking. I daily drove the car didn't track or race the car, always use 93 octane and Mobile 1 oil changed every 5000mi. If I was to do it over I would have gone with a built engine or Aluminator then blower. Also I'm doing dyno tune vs email tune when I get it back together this time, not to knock email tunes just something I want to do different this time around. It's a crap shoot some stock engines hold up for a good while under boost and others don't. The rods and pistons are the known weak points and honestly that's the worst place for a weak point to be it's part of the foundation.

sleeper02

Established Member
VMP Stage 2 with an 82mm pulley , 47s, a BAP, 127mm JLT and a catless exhaust tuned by Justin. Only about 500 miles since the blower, but I drive my car hard, the way it should be driven with occasional racing.

I keep up with maintenance and I run 5w50 ford full synthetic. Im planning to upgrade to a full stage 3 (Dual67mm TB and ID1000s) with a 79mm pulley, TSS OPGs and Full Kooks Exhaust.

I know I cant comment about longevity of the setup, but from researching others findings, its proven below 650whp on a stock block even with hard miles, and oil pump gears are recommended as cheap insurance.

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Daily driven with 82MM and 93 oct. VMP stage 3 kit with bone stock engine. Installed in mid aug and just clocked 2800 miles on it and im going to say 125-140 passes from 1-3rd and tuned with VMP tuning and it made 620's at Bowlin green on his dyno trailer at NMRA in oct. If it pop's tmro i won't complain a bit. I do run a 79mm with 93 and torco for race time. So i know im on borrowed time. Just one of those gota have more power things.

Wow, you're close! I'm boosting mine next summer, might have to get a run in.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Mine is a 2013 gt with VMP stage 2, 85mm pulley 5000mi with supercharger and 29500 total and now I have a rod knocking and the car is down. I don't know what happened exactly it was at Ford with a miss and when I went to pick it up it was knocking. I daily drove the car didn't track or race the car, always use 93 octane and Mobile 1 oil changed every 5000mi. If I was to do it over I would have gone with a built engine or Aluminator then blower. Also I'm doing dyno tune vs email tune when I get it back together this time, not to knock email tunes just something I want to do different this time around. It's a crap shoot some stock engines hold up for a good while under boost and others don't. The rods and pistons are the known weak points and honestly that's the worst place for a weak point to be it's part of the foundation.

Sounds like a M6 missing gears issue... I rode my stock motor hard last year for 4000miles, 62 track passes (most in the 10's), and probably 100 hard street pulls without issue. 85, 82, & 79mm pulleys.

Vert

Established Member
I have a VMP stg 2 which is 82mm and 47lb injectors with close to 18k miles.
My only complaint is that I can't figure out why my rear tires keep going bald.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Sounds like a M6 missing gears issue... I rode my stock motor hard last year for 4000miles, 62 track passes (most in the 10's), and probably 100 hard street pulls without issue. 85, 82, & 79mm pulleys.

What do you mean exactly? Missing gears and hitting the rev limiter? I've been locked out of third at times but I rarely hit the rev limiter, maybe a few times since new.

liter of cola

Established Member

yeah what do you mean missing gears issue?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
GEN I VMP Stage III
Longtubes & full exhaust, dual 67mm TB, 127mm cf JLT. No BAP, just ID1000s.

Started with an 85mm pulley (8 months), now with an 82mm pulley. 10,000 miles on the setup so far, no problems except grip below 60 with my 3.73's. 93 only.

14RS3

Established Member
Only 3000 miles on my 14 Roush. Phase 1 for 2650 miles, took it to Performance Evolution in Smyrna, De 2 weeks ago. Added a Roush CAI, VMP Bap, 82mm, new plugs, and a dyno tune. 626hp/ 538tq. No problems the past 300 miles except I almost burnt the clutch my first day with the new tune. Forgot it revs too 7400 now, got on it and got the infamous clutch pedal stuck to the floor fun followed by the sweet smell of burning clutch. The stock Roush tune shut it down before 7000.
The clutch was chattering from a stop the next day and a half but is back to normal now. I am sure I took some life out of it though. Wife won't let me replace the clutch until after the holidays so I need to watch myself until then.
Also had the MGW shifter installed at the same time, completely changed the shift action, so much better now.
Almost forgot, on 93 and not a daily driver.

Last edited:

Nevada Jack

Roush phase 2 kit with a 91 octane Brenspeed street tune. I don’t track or drag race and have put on 11,000+ miles (so far) without any issues.

pickles

Established Member
Around 10,000 miles with my Roush TVS, 85 & 82mm pulley, AED tune, and 94 octane fuel. Hasn't skipped a beat

Car made 611/515 with the 85mm. Will be on the dyno again next year to compare with the 82mm & id1000's

Last edited:

dabster

Established Member
thanks for the input guys! What are your guys times and traps at the track with various set ups? I want to go down to the 82 or 79 and E over winter.

James Calhoun

Established Member
79mm on 93 and torco,vmp tune and 3940# car weight i run 1.6 60ft's @ 6.8 @105mph 1/8th time. Just logged 480 mile trip this past weekend on a 82mm 93 tune and beat on the thing like a red headed step child on the trip. Not to mention a calculated 26mpg on the highway at 85mph ish.

Users who are viewing this thread