TVS dyno numbers

94CobraPace

Established Member
Installed VMP TVS with 2.4" pulley, JLT 123 M CAI, & ID 1000 injectors on the 2010 Shelby. Car already had VMP 67 MM TB, American racing headers, hi flow cats X pipe, 3" exhaust, dual fan inter-cooler.
Car made 640 RWHP & 650 RWTQ on a DynoJet dyno. Wasn't the greatest day, 93 degrees, 40% humidity, SAE 1.03. Max boost was 19.
Tuner only put in 17.25 degrees of timing.
Car pulls harder for sure. I was "hoping" for a more on the dyno. I want a safe tune even when it gets hot in Texas.

Is that comparable to other TVS cars?

Previously had 555 HP and 570 TQ.

sleek98

Established Member
Looks about right for only 17 degrees of timing. Gen 1 or gen 2 vmp?

With out the long tubes I put down 680/655 but I was a little over 20 degrees of timing.

fullboogie

Established Member
That's right in there on HP, TQ, and timing. Be happy with it, because you can't hook up that much HP on the street so what's another 50 HP on the dyno?

94CobraPace

Established Member
This is with a Gen 2. I'm good with it, it is what it is. Every car, dyno and tune is different.
It's all good, just checking and bragging a little.

builttodrive

Established Member
From my experience with my own TVS you are in line with a 91 octane tune. With better fuel and more timing your numbers would probably be in the range you would like to see. if you're only wanting to run 91-93 pump gas I would be happy there. See my sig for the difference my car made from 17 degrees timing to 20 degrees. Both were on E85 but you can see timing will take it up a notch.

tangermean

Established Member
Holy crap we have to meet up! I have a 2010 Kona blue with silver stripes in Houston too!

Numbers look good! I am planning on going pretty much the same mod route as you have so its nice to see what my car will make in this lovely hot and humid weather that we have.

Kenneth

Established Member
Numbers seem a little low to me.
My car made 688/711 with mods listed in sig. minus the VMP 67mm throttle body (was running a FRPP 65mm throttle body)
VMP Email tune.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Tangermean, I will be at the Budweiser car show, Mustangs VS Camaro this Saturday. Come over.

Kenneth, any idea of total timing? I'm thinking that's why the numbers seem little low? We have basically same mods, except I have cats.

Kenneth

Established Member
I believe my tune is set at 17* timing 93 octane..

Having 3:31 gears installed on the 4th of next month, I'll put a couple hundred miles on it after than have shop do a dyno tune on it.. I'll post numbers after.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice!

Your best bet is to get it on ethanol if you want survivability in Houston type summer heat. Even lower boost if 700+ wheel is too much in your mind for a street car.

04sleeper just tuned a 2011 gt500 with a used 2.3 TVS off a '13 shelby....that car made 746/765! Talk about bang for buck.

Users who are viewing this thread