TVS cylinder head temps?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I'm just curious what you guys are see for cylinder head temps? It's been 95-100 degrees here in DFW and I'm getting 215 or so. I've seen 235 in heavy traffic where its crawling. The car never runs bad it pretty much idles, runs, and drives fine even at those temps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
in my centrifugal I see 215-220 quite often as well. I am in Houston so almost the same heat, more humidity. I have seen as high as 230s as well. In my data logs I have started to notice some timing pulled due to the high IATs in the summer but I guess that is somewhat normal for my 115-120F IATs (sensor mounted right on frame).

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
in my centrifugal I see 215-220 quite often as well. I am in Houston so almost the same heat, more humidity. I have seen as high as 230s as well. In my data logs I have started to notice some timing pulled due to the high IATs in the summer but I guess that is somewhat normal for my 115-120F IATs (sensor mounted right on frame).
I thought it was normal since it runs fine. What kind of power are you making?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I'm running a TVS and see 199 when cruising on the highway and it will creep up to 215 or so in traffic. I do have a 170 stat so that helps quite a bit. Eventually the coolant temps would get in the 220s but I havent been stuck in traffic more than 10 minutes or so.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I'm running a TVS and see 199 when cruising on the highway and it will creep up to 215 or so in traffic. I do have a 170 stat so that helps quite a bit. Eventually the coolant temps would get in the 220s but I havent been stuck in traffic more than 10 minutes or so.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
I have the same thermostat and that's about how my temps are. Other than the bad creeping traffic I don't see more than 220. When I saw 230-235 it had me curious to see what other tvs/boosted coyotes were getting.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I'm not beating on it in 95* weather, so I've never bothered looking. One less thing to worry about.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I have seen the 230s as well in Houston 5pm traffic, I almost posted the same question.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

lenny127

Established Member
im in socal , so its pretty warm out here ...but usually dry . run a centri and cyl head 205-219 is the norm ...ect usually is about 10 lower . I am at 52k miles and my fan fried , but i think prior to that the resistor may have also .... last night driving around after the swap it never went above 210 at the head . i run e85 full time and make 700/565

Users who are viewing this thread