Tvs coyote and gearing

mackdog2008

Established Member
Wasn't sure where to post this, I want to see if there is anyone running a lower rear gear, I currently have 3.31 gears in my 13 GT with my tvs supercharger traction is an issue.

Has anyone ran a 3.08 or lower gear in with a setup like mine?

Vmp gen 2 tvs, 79mm pulley and e85.

Thanks guys.

pickles

Established Member
I'm still on 3.73's and don't have traction issues.. Seems like you need some real tires and/or suspension work

mackdog2008

Established Member
308's are not the answer a better tire is the solution. What tires are you using?
Continental extremecontact dw 295 35 18
I'm still on 3.73's and don't have traction issues.. Seems like you need some real tires and/or suspension work

Suspension is BMR upper control arm and bracket, bmr lower control arms and relocation brackets, whiteline watts link.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Real power requires real tires.
I don't think they aren't " real " tires, they may not be the best, I understand that I could get a better tire, I bought these tires before I had the supercharger.

They held great under stock power, if I got a better tire that isn't a drag tire I am sure I would still be having traction issues in 1st and 2nd.

I don't just like to go fast in a stright line, I like to hit the corners.

BrianH87

Established Member
I am also going with R888's for my setup. Right now I can only get traction in 3rd with the track pack Pirelli's and 373s.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Mickey Thompson drag radials, they hook all of my 625 rwhp..i spun every other street tire and spinning aint winning! I have 305/35/19's with a tremec magnum and ford racing 4:10's!

Last edited:

rotarymagic

Established Member
I don't think they aren't " real " tires, they may not be the best, I understand that I could get a better tire, I bought these tires before I had the supercharger.

They held great under stock power, if I got a better tire that isn't a drag tire I am sure I would still be having traction issues in 1st and 2nd.

I don't just like to go fast in a stright line, I like to hit the corners.

Hoosier makes road racing "slicks" in a radial (A6/R6/A7/R7) so you can hit a corner or two lol.

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
Yeah I'm going with r888s for my stage 2 VMP. Found a site with a winter sale 10% off, was able to get a set of 4 295/30/18 for $1044 shipped. They are on backorder until april probably also but it won't be warm enough to drive the car in Ohio until then anyway. I'll post back once I actually get to try them out!

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I would go 3.08's and R888's, that's what I'm doing. These cars are geared very short compared to most V8 sports/muscle cars. And street tires are not cut it. There's going to be a compromise you have to make between how sticky your tires are and how long they're going to last.

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Im running a 3.90 and I hook decent but its too low so Im going back to 3.31s. I run the MT ET street Pro 25/60/15. Best tire I have ever ran for traction

Users who are viewing this thread