TVS Coyote A6 Estimated RWHP / ET?

mikengail

Established Member
Ok, I know threads like this can be annoying for some. Nevertheless, here's my list:

1. '12 GT Premium 'Vert A6
2. VMP Gen1 Stage-2 complete kit.
3. 82mm upper pulley.
4. JLT 123 CAI.
5. Twin 60 TB.
6. 3" O/R-H.
7. GT500 AB's.
8. 91 (E10) octane tune.
9. Stock A6 and 3.15 rear.
10. Nitto NT555R 305/45/18 (28.7") DR's.

My PB late last summer at 95f with an 85mm UP and stock 235 rear tires was 11.8/118, but I had to leave ALL the nannies engaged to keep it on my side of the track. That made the engine pull back at launch and after each up-shift, due to wheel spin. Felt like a very rookie driver with a 6M.

I'm getting the car dyno'd tomorrow and the local track doesn't open, until February 21st. The tall rear tires (stock is 27.2") are my idea of keeping it in 3rd through the traps. Shifts seem to be around 7200-7400.

Any ideas as to what I can expect with respect to RWHP and ET/MPH? When I first had the TVS installed, it made 545rwhp at only 6600rpm. Most felt it would have hit around 580, if we had taken it higher. It wasn't revved out past the 6600, because it was all that was needed to get it initially tuned. This time, it will be pushed to the rev limiter and the tune is much better than the original having been through several revisions. Plus the smaller pulley and catless exhaust should help even more . I think I've gone about as far as I dare mod wise for a daily with a stock bottom end.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

466roller

Established Member
My guess is 575/550. I'm torn between the VMP TVS and single turbo for my DD. How do you like the kit so far?

mikengail

Established Member
Well, I really like it for my preferences. I like the low end torque and how long and flat the torque curve is. I think it's a perfect solution for auto guys. The big inter-cooler is definitely worth the extra money for the Stage2 kit. I don't have my car tricked out too much on the outside, just some Bullitts. It has a good clean sleeper look and at idle or normal driving, nobody knows how strong it is. It behaves very smoothly and is very comfortable to drive. Gas mileage is still good at around 25mpg on the highway. All that changes very dramatically when you put your foot in it. With the stock street tires, I would still get tire slip at 80mph. I've found myself driving more and more recently with the DR's when the weather permits. Best mod to any vehicle that I've ever done...

466roller

Established Member
Any graphs to post up? I know it's not as efficient as a turbo but I'm leaning heavily toward a gen 2 VMP, probably 79 or 82mm pulley, I like the fact it's all self contained as well.

Vert

Established Member
The 91 octane will hurt your numbers but the or pipe will help you gain a few ponies. I will say 590.

mikengail

Established Member
2012 VMP GT-2 75 percent.jpg

466: I should have a new graph, after tomorrow. I had an older thread that had the original graph from last May, same as above.

Vert: I'm thinking you're probably right. Would like to break 600, but doubting it...

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I have a Roush TVS that was set up similar to yours. I have long tubes, but with cats... I was trapping 128mph with an 82mm pulley on 93 (3900lbs). Usually 10.80 to 10.90's

I ran 11.26 @ 126 on those same 555r tires w/ an 1.68 60' w/ a 85mm pulley when I first started out. I usually run NT05's.

mikengail

Established Member
I have a Roush TVS that was set up similar to yours. I have long tubes, but with cats... I was trapping 128mph with an 82mm pulley on 93 (3900lbs). Usually 10.80 to 10.90's

I ran 11.26 @ 126 on those same 555r tires w/ an 1.68 60' w/ a 85mm pulley when I first started out. I usually run NT05's.

Yeah, Scott, I think your car and mine are very similar setups. No suspension mods, just power. I'm thinking maybe your long tubes and my catless exhaust may cancel each other out a bit, especially considering how good the stock shorty's are on the Coyote. You got me on tires and octane though. Would like to be able to hit 10.99, fingers crossed. Were your tires tall enough to stay in 3rd through the traps? Also, did you ever dyno your setup when you were running those high 10's?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Mine dyno'd 575 @ 7400 w/ 85mm pulley... I never re dyno'd it with the 82 or 79. My 10.60's were with the 79mm. I trap 6600 in 4th with a 3.55 gear. Everyone seems to think gear doesn't matter much w/ a A6, so I don't know...
I'd say as long as your shifting close to 7400, I wouldn't worry if you cross in 3rd or 4th. The ratio is pretty close in those 2 gears & not a lot of rpm drop off. Plus it's not like the stick guys that lose time shifting into 5th.

I'm sure you'll be close to 10's if the track is hooking. Run those tires at 15psi.
If that doesn't get 're done... Add some race fuel & bump up the timing!

mikengail

Established Member
Thanks, Scott. Big help. Stock 3.15's and 28.78" tall DR's with a shift point of 7400 should keep me in 3rd. Hopefully. I'll find out in a month, regardless...:)

Last edited:

mikengail

Established Member
581. Didn't think I'd break 600. Impressed a lot of the Chevy guys there. Most of them were thinking low to mid 500's. Interesting thing was that she was still climbing up when the runs were terminated at 7500. I thought she would start to taper off just past 7k, but she just kept going. I'll post up the graph tomorrow. The wife's pure stock '14 Shelby made 595. Good day overall. Lot's of fun for not actually doing any racing...

Vert

Established Member
Thanks for the update. Pretty good numbets and I take it the dyno was a dynojet.

mikengail

Established Member
Yep, it was a Dynojet and a new one at that. I had a dyno lock tune from my tuner, but I didn't use it. My numbers would have been slightly better, if I had. Next time for sure...

Last edited:

mikengail

Established Member
image015.jpg

Sorry for the image quality. Phone pic of the printed results. Still don't have the timing yet. Couldn't figure it out from the last datalog. User problem. I'll contact my tuner tomorrow...

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Very Nice!

How much boost was the 82mm making? I never had a guage so I have no clue when I ran it...

Vert

Established Member
Same here, Scott. No boost gauge. It's on my list, probably a door pillar double pod with an AFR gauge as well...
With my A6, jlt and 82mm pulley, it puts out 10lbs. Since you have an or pipe I would bet around 9lbs.
Also, I assume the pull was done in 4th?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread