TVS belt slipping

RobT2727

Established Member
I installed a 72mm s/c pulley with a 100mm idler and 81.5" belt. I have slip at high rpms. Any thoughts?

vortecd

Established Member
I installed a 72mm s/c pulley with a 100mm idler and 81.5" belt. I have slip at high rpms. Any thoughts?

Smaller you go the harder it is going to be to not slip. Try sandblasting (or something similar) to give the pulley some grip. I had good luck doing this with my Vortech pulley's on my '87.

Another option would be to go to a bigger crank pulley then you could run a bigger blower pulley and make the same boost.

alex12gt

Established Member
Hmm interesting just ordered a 72mm pulley im going with a smaller belt and the 90 and 100mm idlers from jlt

RobT2727

Established Member
Just tried a new 81.5" belt and it works. Seeing 12psi throughout until 7k, then creeps up to 12.5psi before the shift.

RobT2727

Established Member
I have a Roush kit with most of the VMP add ons. I bought my kit last summer before the VMP kits were available.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
any problems with the balancer sliping or the oil pump gears?
alex, i know you have the hardened. i mean stock.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Anybody use a Gates green belt? I see them on GT500s sometimes, not sure if they have one that fits the Roush kit.

Chaney5.0

Smaller you go the harder it is going to be to not slip. Try sandblasting (or something similar) to give the pulley some grip. I had good luck doing this with my Vortech pulley's on my '87.

Another option would be to go to a bigger crank pulley then you could run a bigger blower pulley and make the same boost.

Would sand blasting throw off the pullys balancing and weight?

Users who are viewing this thread