TVS 79mm and E85

TXVNM

Established Member
Wanting to upgrade my 2012 Roush. I am planning on running a VMP 79mm on E85, any recommendation? Im keeping the inclosed box to keep the boost down a little. Anything else i should do before going this route? Anyone else run this combo, if so what kind of numbers are you seeing out of this ( Boost, HP, 1/4)?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Auto or stick? CB900F ran this combo for a while. I'll let him chime in on his results. The car ran very well.

What part of Houston are you in?

TXVNM

Established Member
Sambandit:

Im shooting for 650 or close too it, I dont drive my car too often. Also what kind of fuel upgraded would i need? and would this block hold that?

92fiveohfox:

Stick, and i just want to make sure im not goona blow my motor up the first time out lol and im in NW Houston and work in Katy.

Also i was told 72lb injector and a boost a pump would be great so i can run the E85 safely.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
You should be at least 650, probably over with that combo. A bunch of us in Katy. We do meets a few times a month. Pm me if you are interested in meeting up.

I'd get id1000. Bap should work for a while but some on here will tell you they are not safe.

cb900f

Established Member
Wanting to upgrade my 2012 Roush. I am planning on running a VMP 79mm on E85, any recommendation? Im keeping the inclosed box to keep the boost down a little. Anything else i should do before going this route? Anyone else run this combo, if so what kind of numbers are you seeing out of this ( Boost, HP, 1/4)?

It dynod 620 RWHP on a mustang dyno (TSS). Best I got at the track was a 10.54 @135 and that was spinning all through first, and a little in 2nd. It will be a torque monster.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
My car made 684rwhp with a 82mm pulley, id1000's, and jlt cai on e85. That was with a jms bap. My fuel was more than 90% maxed out. Fuel pressure was dropping into the 40's. I would get a fuel system if you plan on running that. And yes it will be a torque monster as well. My spider gears exploded in my diff, cracked the housing, and ruined the ring and pinion launching it at the track on slicks. edit car is m6 with rxt

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I ran a 79mm pulley with a JLT CAI on stock pistons most of this past summer. Not on E85 though. I actually have a VMP 79mm pulley forsale in the market if you still need one. I'd guess I was making just over 600whp thru an auto. E85 would probably make another 40 to 50+ whp.

the stock box will help low end torque, but cap boost. CAI will make more top end power.

Users who are viewing this thread