TVS 2.3 rebuild break in

Davisenvy

Established Member
I just got my TVS 2.3 rebuilt and ported by Jokerz Performance. He recommends a 500-1000 mile break in on the fresh rebuild. I have not had this unit on my car before and I'm trying to figure out how to do the break in before getting the car dyno tuned. I currently have a Ported Eaton, 4lb lower, 2.76 upper, 90lb injectors, BAP, and 17 lbs of boost.

Can I run my car with the TVS on it without a new tune for the break in period? I have an SCT Tuner so maybe a mail tune? What should I do?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm assuming he means no boost during the break in. If so run your current MAF and injectors and stay out of boost.

Last edited:

Davisenvy

Established Member
They didn't say no boost, but basically go easy on the car for the break in. I'm also installing a clutch as the same time so I plan on going easy on both items for break in. I was just wondering if I needed some kind of tune before doing the break in on the TVS before driving since my car has already been tuned for a higher boost/fuel/air situation.

01yellercobra

Established Member
17lbs on a TVS is a lot different than 17lbs on any Eaton. Part throttle won't change so as long as you go easy you'll be fine on your current tune.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As above run as is with current tune and stay out of boost while you’re breaking in the clutch. I don’t think it needs exactly 500mi break in personally due to my experience with new blowers but they are well known for porting/rebuilds. The rebuild may need a break in I’d call Jokerz to clarify.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread