TV HELP!!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
tru but if one wants to watch a new movie in 4k he will need a 4k tv and Bluray of course but there is simply nothn that compares to a 4k movie. its like ur watching it live in person!

I hope the majority of the media you have is 4k considering it's a must have feature.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Based on my experience and personal opinion, there are several good brands who have many happy customers. Samsung, Vizio, Sony, LG and Panasonic are all good brands but there's always someone who has an uncle that's had issues with each of those. My advice, do a little research on those and know what you want.

madscotsman

Established Member
I was basing my VIZIO suggestion off his less than $600, 4K, and 55". Sure LG, Samsung, and Sony make some nice TV's but doubtful he'll meet his requirements with them in his price range.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cheapest I saw.

upload_2016-12-27_11-16-22.png

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Just bought a 55" 4k LG during black friday. The picture on HDR setting is amazing. Kinda sucks now because it is so clear I can tell every tv show is shot on a "set".

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Just bought a 55" 4k LG during black friday. The picture on HDR setting is amazing. Kinda sucks now because it is so clear I can tell every tv show is shot on a "set".

yeah its really weird at first or for a while but then you get used to it. its called the "soap opera" effect.

my father just the other day was talking about watching tv on one at a friends house and said "it looked like a damn soap opera". i told him its actually called the soap opera effect lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Costco has some good deals on most brands, and they give you an extra year warranty.

i bought one of my tvs at costco when they had their new tv changeover. basically one of their displays. 60" samsung 1080. new it was like $1200. got it for $600! same badass costco warranty as a new tv. that same tv they sell right now for $600. my tv is still going strong with zero issues. only thing i hate is that it only has 2 hdmi and no audio out (at all).
im waiting till feb/march when they bring the new models in.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a 60" Sony Bravia XBR I love it. Have a Sony 46" in my bedroom and two Panasonic plasma in my office and pool room.

I bought them all at BestBuy because if you use their credit card you can get 18 to 60 months same as cash. I love using other people's money to buy my shit.

08mojo

Established Member
yeah its really weird at first or for a while but then you get used to it. its called the "soap opera" effect.

my father just the other day was talking about watching tv on one at a friends house and said "it looked like a damn soap opera". i told him its actually called the soap opera effect lol.

You should turn that feature off. I found it very annoying. =)

Agreed. I cannot stand the 'soap opera' effect. I don't understand why people like it...

Users who are viewing this thread