TurtleWax Color Cure and Chipstick

Slowbra01

Established Member
Hello all.... i ended up NOT gettin the bra... the ones from the dealership are like $200 which is waaay more than im willing to spend at the moment. I came across a product and wanted some opinions or possibly comments on those who have used it.........its the TurtleWax Color Cure with Chipstick....basically, its a bottle of wax that works with all shades of black and it comes with this thing that looks like lipstick... the process is to basically run the chipstick over deep scratches and chips in the paint until it fills it in and is even with the surrounding paint... then you use the bottle of wax to blend it all together with the rest of the paint...
Whats everyone's experience with this??? anyone at all??? its $7.99 vs $200...what im afraid of is its effects on the paint... there are spots on my car where the previous owner seemed to have done something similar and it left nasty uprises/mounds/not sure how to describe it :nonono: :bash: .... thanks in advance for the replies! :shrug:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
I don't think it works worth a damn IMO. If you wanted to fix a daily beater up a bit then fine. You'll notice after you've used it, that everytime you go back and wash/polish your car, there will be black shiott all over your damn rags. It's like the old guys dying their hair, only to see black runs down their faces and neck if they got caught in the rain. Sorry, but I don't like it and I don't recommend it. As far as the previous owner goes, and the spots you mention, sounds to me like he used "touch up" paint in the bottle, that is put on with a fingernail polish brush, and he/she put it on the spots too thick. I would leave the chip marks before I did either one of these. BTW, check out ebay for a bra, because I can almost guarantee they are WAY less than 200 bucks.

tyrbrnr

Drink Beer !
Established Member
that turtle wax color wax and chipstick is the biggest shitpile i have ever bought all it does is stain you hands and all you rags it does nothing to the car . the chistick also does not work worth a damm i bought that to does some detail work to my black 2000 lightning before i sold it ,. that shit dont work

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
Actually, I've used the color Turtle in a very limited way...and it worked for me. I have 2 fairly deep 2-3" long scratches on the Cobra. I used the green stick right before a show to fill in the scratch and then dab the wax, it lightens it and makes it much less obvious. I've been Zainoing the car for about 3 years and currently have 4 coats of polish on it. At some point, I will take it to a shop to remove scratches, chips and fix some shoddy Ford work in the engine compartment, right now the stuff helps :-D

Users who are viewing this thread