Turns out the Japanese are human after all.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
I think we were all a little misguided when we saw no reports of looting and chaos in Japan. This American living over there gives some well needed insight as to what was happening, even speaking with some OLD residents.

A few reason noted as to why looting was not reported; Japan does a very good job of controlling its media outlets, Not much was left to loot being that entire towns were wiped out and many residents are old....like really old.

Read and discuss boys....(and lets not be ridiculous, I 'm fully aware that the large scale looting in Katrina is nothing like whats going on in Japan. Just merely pointing out that they are human also.)

Someone even stole 40 million yen from a cracked bank vault.

Confessions of a Badboy in Japan: Post Earthquake looting in Japan

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
:shrug: People are opportunistic, it's human nature and likely placed a large role in Man's survival since his days as a caveman.

As for the Japanese, there are reports of these guys eating folks during WWII. Bat shit crazy like the rest of 'us'.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I spent 7+ years in Japan/Okinawa. The Japanese are bar none some of the MOST trustworthy and honest races of people I've ever dealt with. You could leave your car unlocked with a wallet laying on the front seat and it would still be there the next day. 95% of all the crime reported on Okinawa while I lived there was perpetrated by U.S. Military personnel and/or their dependents.

U.M.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Haha I was just going to say that. But I think it might be something like $100k. I remember cars costing a few million yen.

500,000 is what the article says.

even still. looting for food and drinks I can understand as those are required to live if the gov't isn't acting fast enough.

As far as the money...well everybody has a bad egg.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
to see how violent and mean the Japanese can be, just look up the "rape of Nanking"... if you think the Japanese are a peaceful and honorable society..

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I will always hate the Japs for sucker punching us into WWII. Also it took two nuclear bombs for those bastards to surrender, wtf? Human maybe but real stupid

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
a mere 2 weeks later.........likely due to some places still having not received aide.

bitches be looting after Katrina a mere couple hours.

I highly doubt japanese are raiding their local best buys for flat screen tv's and walking down the river with a tote of heineken, its probably just food stores and such.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Look at the demographics of New Orleans and then look at Japan and you will see why there was so much looting in NOLA and next to none in Japan.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
After Katrina the people acted like dumb a$$. The people of Japan are saying " Ok, it happen, now lets clean up the mess and move on. People are not waiting on the goverment to help them. I totally respect them (the people) for how they are handling this. Over ten thousand people are dead due to one incident. Ask yourself, How would I deal with this situation.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
you guys dont have a clue about whats going on there but you speak with such confidence. amazing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread