Turning Radius?

Solo500

Established Member
Did a search and didn't come up with anything but what could I do to possibly make the turning radius of my car better?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Did you lower it? I put some brand new 04 Cobra control arms and it seems to have helped my turning circle a bit.

Solo500

Established Member
No I haven't lowered it yet but I plan on getting Eibachs soon. How much did you pick up the control arms for?

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Wide wheels = bad turning radius.

Think about it. Your wide front wheels would hit things like the inner fender if you were allowed to turn any sharper. Its a trade off but a civic can turn on a dime because it has narrow front wheels so they can allow them to be turned in further.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
The steering rack has limiters on it to prevent rubbing (I'm pretty sure both sides have them). If you go w/a smaller tire w/the correct offset, you could (theoretically) put smaller limiters or remove them.

If you don't like the turning radius on our cars, try driving a Fox body. I love my '99 compared to my '91!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Lowering our cars change the steering geometry by a certain percentage. The 04 Control arms give you back about 10 percent better geometry. Tously Ford will get you a good deal on the control arms. It's a noticeable difference. I more so changed out the control arms because I wanted to replace the stock 01 arms anyways with a beefier 04 component

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread