Turn Signal Lever

NewGuy

Has anyone else noticed if your steering wheel isn't almost exactly straight your turn signal lever won't stick in the on position? It's the same whether it's a left or right turn. It's getting to be kind of annoying. I know this is a minor complaint, but was just curious if this was happening to other people.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
almost every car will do this, at some point on the wheel there are "teeth" to nock the lever off after the turn. Theres nothing wrong with the car, you may just be paying more attention to holding the wheel when driving the cobra, most people subconsiously hold it if you signal while turning out of habbit.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Man think ur paying to much attention to it. I never noticied that. Great im sure now im going too. Is it on a slight bend turn ur coming up on that it wont stick?

2kbill

Established Member
It is def. a Ford thing, and it pisses me off. Then I hit the throttle, and I forget about it :D

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member

Gotta hold the turn signal on.....

Whatta tough life we've got......

:rolling:

NewGuy

I realize this is minor complaint and one that can be easily overlooked when I consider the power alone this car has. I wanted to know if it was just me, or if others had it too. Maybe if I just make my turns a little faster, then I wont need to signal! Yea, that's the ticket!
Thanks for your replies.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Actually you make a good point.... I've noticed many cars (all brands) return the signal lever quickly.

Maybe it's a safety thing. Maybe the idea is to get the signal quickly off, to prevent false signaling.

Think about it. You all have seen cars with their signal on, and no lane change or turn is occurring. Don't you have doubts about passing or going around that car? You do it cautiously, right?

Imagine many cars driving around with an unneeded signal on.... Mass confusion would result.... More than what's happening already.

:eek:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
He's referring to before the turn not after. I know exactly what you mean. My truck is the same way. You should have your wheels straight while waiting to turn anyways, so it's not all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread