Turboed Honda Civic Kill

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
I have this neighbor that lives across the street from me. I swear to God, every single day all I hear is that ricey vrooom vrooom coming from his driveway. He just got his turbo installed and I keep asking him if he wants to go to the track someday. He always says yes, but every time I am about to go race, he always has some excuse why he doesn't want to go with me. So tonight, I went to the track, and guess who I see? Him with his ricey Civic complete with the big wing, fart cannon and the flat black paint on the hood. I ask him if he wants to grudge race, and hes like sure. So we stroll into the 4th and 5th lanes (grudge racing lanes), I got my helmet on, and we move up to the water box. He does this very weak burnout in the waterbox, which I can't figure out, since he doesn't even have slicks on. I am thinking this to myself as I drive around the waterbox and do a quick burnout with my heel on the brake pedal and toe on the gas. He takes off at the 2nd yellow, which kind of takes me off guard, and I make it off the 3rd yellow with some slight wheel hop, and as soon as I hit 2nd, I blow right past him. By the time I reach the quarter mile mark, all I see are headlights way back in my rearview mirror. I even had a shitty run 13.8/104 2.23 60 ft, and he has like a 15.3 at 88 mph or something like that. After that, he leaves the racetrack, doesn't even say a word to me, and by the time I get home, his car is parked in the drive with all the lights in the house out. Guess he was kind of upset. My 03 Cobra is BONE STOCK, and I was running like shit tonight.

Flooznie

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
haha, good kill. I murdered one from a 20 roll on the street. I'm no longer wasting my gas on hondas.

phatfunk

Established Member
13.8 may seem bad for you, but put it into perspective with the turboed civic's 15.3.... now THAT'S truly embarassing

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
Hawaii, August, 2.23 sixty...

Um, ok. Besides that, I forgot to mention: I was wearing a dark brown shirt, I was wearing glasses, had 5 dollars in my pocket, I forgot to shave that morning, the oldies radio station was playing some Santana and um.......I had a cell phone in the car. What's your point? I am still pretty new to drag racing, especially with that wheel hopping rear end in these cars. A kill is a kill.

8ate8

Established Member
I have all the respect for a nice quick lil 4-banger.. Seen a bunch of them at E-Town turning 12s and 13s, but most of the non ricer turbo civics and neons are only running like mid to high 15s.

Nice kill :)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Flooznie
What's your point?...
My Hawaii comment was aimed squarely at Sapperstang and his cut on your E.T., to remind him that Hawaii is humid (power killer) and hot in the summer (even bigger power killer) and that he shouldn't compare your 13.8 to other stock Cobra times...

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Flooznie, would this happen to be your neighbor?
blazinazn.gif

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
Well, he kinda looks like that, hes 18, but hes got way better looking teeth. About the 13.8 time, maybe it was the weather. The day after I got the car, I had the original F1s on the back and I ran a better time. With the GSD3's, I ran a 13.8.

Heres my timeslip the day after I bought the car with the original F1's on it. (I think they treated the track this day).

505188_17_full.jpg

I haven't been able to do this time or better ever since this day and I have NFC why.

Flooznie

edit: I'm the guy on the right: car # 69.

Users who are viewing this thread