turbo vs NA

Cobra4pt6

Banned
this guy that stays in my apartment complex wants to run me from a 40 roll..... he has a 99 honda accord 4dr v6 vtec with a turbo and intercooler....he stripped his interior and he claims he dynos 280hp and 280 tq to the front wheels......my cobra dynos 313hp and 311 tq to the rear, who do you think would win?
it think it'll be close b/c he has a weight advantage on me, prolly around a 300lb advantage.....

elmo0244

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildjon
One question...why is this in pics and vid buffet?
i wonder the same thing but i think the turbo accord would win but i haven't heard a honda putting down the same amount of tq and hp, turbo or not, v6 or not

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Originally posted by elmo0244
i wonder the same thing but i think the turbo accord would win but i haven't heard a honda putting down the same amount of tq and hp, turbo or not, v6 or not

Me Either, always been WAYYYY more HP then Tq.... Like example - 400 WHP And 210 WTQ.... no joke

Swervin

Token Darkee
Established Member
I think the Accord would probably lose to you off the line but make up for it in top end. The Accord by about 2 cars from a roll :) Video tape the race :)

Last edited:

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
The V6 was rated pretty even torque and hp, around 200 even^ so with the turbo I imagine both would still be pretty even.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
cobra4pt - you better get some nitrous, because if he really is putting down a solid 280hp/280tq he will definitely pull you. Since you are starting from a 40mph roll, gears will not help you.

mustangpro101

Established Member
more info on car?

What does this accord have for tranny? Tires? Suspension? Also if you agree to go from a roll make him go from a dig 2. I honestly would have to see this car and talk to the guy to say for sure if you would win or not. But i am a die hard ford/mustang guy so I am gonna say you got this bro:burnout: :rockon:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Ok well lets see 99 V6 accords only come in automatic, so there is a plus for you. They are rated at 200hp 190tq. And my mom has one and me and my dad took it to the track to win the import bracket class(import drivers haev terrible reaction times) anyways it ran 16.01 @86 not to impressive. This is a 2002 Auto 4 door. IM guess a good turbo drops 2 seconds off that so looks like u still rape the shit out of it.

qwicksnake

Established Member
I don't know about the horsepower vs. torque thing, but a friend of mine has a Plymouth Lazer that dynoed 323 hp and 350 tq to the front wheels. I think the turbo will add more torque.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Re: more info on car?

Originally posted by mustangpro101
But i am a die hard ford/mustang guy so I am gonna say you got this bro:burnout: :rockon:

well said ol' chap

BOTLFED98

Established Member
dude, what kind of question is that.....u'll spank that thing every which way!

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i just added pullies to my car, my last dyno b4 my pullies was 313hp, i haven't dyno'd yet b/c the pullies were just put on today, buti guesstimating im around 320-325 to the wheels now......i'm getting redyno'd next weekend.

i think i'll take him.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
It's not a V-6 if it has a manual transmission as they only came in automatics. My wife has a 99 and i'd have to double check the brochure, if i can find it, but i'm very confident that they did NOT make automatic V-6's for the Accord. The standard 98 & up 4 cylinder cars had 150 hp.

elmo0244

Established Member
i didn't like the pulley's on my 01 it seemed like it made it run hotter. i had steeda pulley's.you mite pick 3-4 hp but the t/r is alot better.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
well u can likely take the guy i beat a turbo Civic in my truck and it aint much this guy has a inline 4 with 10PSI boost and he runs like a 16.2. and their aint to much weight difference because supra's weigh like 165lbs more then a mustang does. and my friend johnny's 4 door corolla weighs like 3100lbs not much less then a cobra. so i'd have to check but the civic shouldnt weigh much less then you.

Users who are viewing this thread