Turbo tuners in AZ?

debo075

The big spoon
Established Member
I didn't see any locale-specific forums and a search for AZ tuners came up dry.

So, pretty simple... I need a re-tune and some basic knowledge transfer. I'm in the Mesa, AZ area but work in Scottsdale and basically just would like to stay in the greater Metro Phoenix area, but i'm not opposed to going to Tucson as long as it's same day.

It's a turbo car, btw.

Thanks!!

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
There is a regional section. It's the option that's titled "A Taste of Home". Go in there than select "Southwest" and you shall see some Arizonans in there lol.

I'm also in Arizona, a few minutes from Mesa actually. Welcome to the forum as well! Nice mystic! But ehh tuning is somewhat dry in AZ. Once you get in that Arizona regional forum you will see there are like 2 threads currently going for tuning in AZ. I'd stay clear of AMP though, some like them but 90% of people have been screwed by them. Good luck!

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
Have you tried Turbo Elements? I believe they are in Phoenix. They mainly deal with imports, but they may be able to help you out.

debo075

The big spoon
Established Member
Thanks for your help guys. I feel like a moron, I see the Taste of Home forum now - I just wasn't paying attention /facepalm And then of course I didn't subscribe to this thread so didn't see the replies.

Big +1 re: AMP. I had a not so fun experience with them way back when I had my first Fox and never dealt with them again. I will check the threads and start making some calls. And thank you for the compliment! She needs some cosmetic TLC (some paint touch-up and minor interior work), but I've wanted an SN95 Mystic since I first saw one back in 97 and when I found this lovely lady I couldn't resist. Built Teksid + custom turbo... I need not say anymore :)

Workman, no I haven't called anybody yet. I'm not at all opposed to working with import guys - turbos are turbos... we V8 guys just typically have bigger ones :p

Thanks again for the responses!

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
You could always go the mail order route. Here in Seattle we have garbage tuners also and have to outsource all my tuning. Usually it is Rick at ATS. Takes a little more time, but the tunes are spot on.
Good luck with the search and post some pics. I am biased toward mystic also!

JustG

Established Member
I'm in Tucson. I had a mail tune from JMS chip. As long as you can data log the tune turns out good. G

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
AZ dyno chip. The guy that tuned my car and all my friends cars worked for SCT for a few years and helped write the programing for their tuning software.

debo075

The big spoon
Established Member
Well I checked around and AZDC is actually right around the corner from my work, so I think I'm going to go with them. I know they're $$$, but you can't put a price on safety. I hadn't even thought of a mail order tune, but I will keep that in mind if AZDC can't get me where I want :)

And pics, sorry I don't have more but here are the goodies (and unphotoshopped, so chips and all). Fully built Teksid, custom 62mm turbo, roll bar, and you can see the rest, lol.

img20111102163534.jpg

Just noticed something hilarious about this picture (and no that's not my house, I don't roll with pink)... :lol:
img20111102163332.jpg

img20111102163324.jpg

JustG

Established Member
I tried AZDC and $800 bucks later I had a car that fouled the plugs in 100yards. The mail order tune I'm on nowis better. I had a novi 1000 on a 96 cobra. Now its an eaton swapped 96 running on the 96 computer.

modforce

Established Member
AZDC done mine when I completed my Avaitor swap back in 05 and I never had any problems with it. I built a few cars for guys and also had them do the tune without any issues. When I get moved back out there I will have him redo my tune to accommodate for the valley conditions since they are different from out here on the East coast.

debo075

The big spoon
Established Member
Thanks again everybody, just got the Cobra back yesterday and she purrs now. Huge +1 for AZDC.

Users who are viewing this thread