turbo pics (rough finished)

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Heres some pics as of this morning. Got to drive it for the first time last night. ITs fun to drive even on a very rough tune.

30679-559-33330.jpg

30679-559-33331.jpg

30679-559-33332.jpg

Heres the starter plenum for all the haters. It was black hot coated, and had to be worked on again to tap for the brake booster. This is the only piece thats not going to be on the final kit.

30679-559-33333.jpg

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Heres the mock up exhaust before I put a tip on it. Still looking for ideas on the tip.

30679-559-33334.jpg

30679-559-33337.jpg

30679-559-33338.jpg

30679-559-33339.jpg

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
After the Hotchkis lowering kit. I think it squats in the back. I left the long Chevy lowering shackles on the back, I may have to adjust this some more.

30679-559-33335.jpg

30679-559-33336.jpg

Chuck Norris

Established Member
For the tip you should do one large oval one that fills up the opening. KB Zilla posted a pic of one it was very nice and very unique.

And is this a prototype kit that will become a production one? If so I would like to see smooth bent pipes rather than all the welds, but thats just my opinion.

Chi3f

Established Member
got alotta squat in the back. i don't have a link or anything but the kind of tip i'm thinking is one the same shape as the opening and for the most part fills it. I don't know what there is out there but that's what i would be looking for.

turbos are sexy :beer:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Yes it is going to be production. Im not sure it will ever get out in extreme mass quantities but they are going to make and sell them. The reason the weld is right there in your site is because I added a port for methanol injection that we didnt know was going to be there when it was originally made. That threw off that part of the deal

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Did L&S do your tune? I see the sticker in the back window. Vince in B.R. did my tune. Truck looks good...i wouldn't mind a vid or two.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
SVTman75 said:
Did L&S do your tune? I see the sticker in the back window. Vince in B.R. did my tune. Truck looks good...i wouldn't mind a vid or two.

Vince is helping me with some issues. We are also talking abbout building a converter. The reason the sticker was on there is from FFW in louisiana last year. I was racing with his group.

Thanks everybody. I cant wait to get a tune close enough to actually get on it. Ive only seen about 4# of boost right now.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Congrats on FINALLY getting it done Matt!!! We already know what that turbo is capable of so go easy on her. Best of luck to you with the remainder of the project. Yes you are a little too low in the back but I'm sure you'll fix it. I know R&D is a PITA but it's worth it when your done.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Learned a valuable lesson today. Fighting a vacuum leak and driving the truck on a stock tune = fouled plugs

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Only thing is I dont want to throw down $100 for an exhaust tip. Didnt I see one time, that was that much. IT does look sweet, but if I remember correct it was expensive. I may just get a single 5 or 6" tip

Chuck Norris

Established Member
Yeah its expensive, but it is pretty nice looking, and since your truck is so unique already being turbo, I thought it would suit it. That and since you are having so much stuff fabricated already, I thought you could have something like that added in no problem.

Good Luck with the turbo though. Are you still on the stock motor? I may consider going turbo in the future, and the ability to make 600+ on a stock motor is impressive. I will have to wait for all the development to be done though.

Users who are viewing this thread