Turbo or Superchager That is the Question

cooljeff2

Established Member
what would you rather have on your SVTF SC or Turbo? why?

Also which do you prefer like JRSC, Vortech, etc...?why?

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
I would rather have a supercharger. The power is always there. You dont have to wait for it to spull up unlike a turbo plus you can hadley ever get the fueling right on a turbo.

cooljeff2

Established Member
but the price for the tom kit is 5800 bucks and the vortech kit is only 4400 bucks. is it worth the extra money

Beantown Focus

Established Member
supercharger cause its more reliable and easier maintenance, i dont have to sit in my car for 2 minutes before i turn it off.....and i would rather have the vortech over the jrsc cause it makes more hp and tq :kaboom:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Blah blah blah! Who has the power? Can you get it to the ground?! I had just the JRSC and the intake and ran 14flat at 101mph on Continentals. I have not heard any times from any body else besides Turbo Tom. How fast is a Vortech SVTF? 13.6, 13.8, 13.flat? DAMMIT, give me some figures. My JRSC was $2750 shipped to my door and was a relative breeze to install, and it's fun. Is the aftercooler equipped Vortech worth the extra $1000+. It had better really kick ass on the track and on the strip. I was planning on just two cents, but I think I gave you three. E-

Beantown Focus

Established Member
well a coule guys on [FJ] have the vortech and are putting down good numbers, and you can get more of it to the ground with a quaife lsd , here is one of his old dyno's link to the thread, and those numbers were in the beginning stages
clicky

oh yeah hector at central florida motorsports ran a 12.985 @ 105.93 with the vortech on his zx3, so the kit has potential
clicky

Beantown Focus

Established Member
oh yeah turbo tom just released the vortech power pipe which adds 6hp per tom and steve padfield form vortech made an update on the vortech which cant be beat

As of 3/25/2004...In order to make our SVTF systems more appealing, they will now be comming with 55 lb/hr fuel injectors (instead of the 42s), a Diablo Predator with the Vortech program pre-loaded and a 3-year limited warranty on the supercharger. The injector change allowed us increased mid-range power and increased RPM range, while giving you guys who want to do a few more mods later on some room to grow. Peak horsepower is the same. Pricing has also not changed. The Predator will be in the with the system, so no more sending in your ECU! All functions of the Predator will still be available. Ie., scanning check engine light codes. Now, go out and get one!

so all that extra with the vortech at no additional cost.....
:bowdown:

02SVT

Established Member
id wait for procharger - look at the success they have had with mustang superchargers.

There is nothing wrong with turbos either. True, turbo's require a little more maintainence, but the potential is way more. Power on a supercharger is always there through out the rpm range compared to a turbo but, lag for traction, boost for action

JoeJoe

Established Member
I'm real interested in the Procharger system when it comes out also. Their air to air intercooler i think is better than the water cooler that Vortech uses. But, you can't dispute the output from the Vortech. Sounds like the Vortech kit is kind of a night mare to tune and install. Why would a supercharger be more reliable than a turbo....explain that to me? Also, isn't it basic knowledge that lb for lb of boost the turbo is the most efficient system?

I've noticed on FJ that there seems to be tuning and or quality issues with some of the JRSC kits. Sure its less than $3000 but the output really isn't a lot either. Here's the way i think of it........i bought my car for $17k, so say i put even $6k into a Good turbo kit (tom's) the car is still only in the $23k range and has the potential of 300 WHP with some race gas..............tell me how that's a bad deal.....what a freaking killer car the SVTF would be with that power............yeah yeah...its needs the qualiffe......but still.......

if you want 60-80 more hp go JRSC and if you're into dragging....give it a shot of Nitrous. If you're into road racing get the Vortech or a Turbo.......

Just my 4c (elliot....)

Joe

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
Sorry, gonna have to disagree.
Turbo > Blower.
Blowers put much more stress on the motor then a Turbo does. Granted Turbos have to spool, but if you have a good intake, and exhaust, that isnt a problem....specialy if you know how to launch =)

I checked out that Vortech Kit, sorry, 50hp isnt worth 4500bucks.
Custom Turbo....mmmmm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread