Turbo mustang vs Ram SRT-10

04gtstang

Established Member
I was cruizing down a 3-4 lane highway in Austin (loop 1 for those who know the area) when I see a ram pickup with a hood scoop coming up behind me. Ofcourse I didnt think I was lucky enough to actually find an SRT-10 and figured it was a spruced up hemi ram. Well Im in 4th @ 55, and speed up to pass a car....sportily I might add, to attract the trucks attention.....I drop back down to 55, and notice I have the trucks attention :D . hes coming up faster now, so I start to push down in 4th to get closer to his speed, when about 2 cars back I can tell he hits it. So I start to push down further in 4th...but realize that by the time full boost comes in, it will be too late, as he is coming up FAST.
So I catch 3rd @ around 65MPH, right as he is coming around me....and as he passes bye, I realize why he came on so fast (vs what I was expecting). I heard the roar of a mighty viper V10. :rockon:
About that time full boost came on and I stopped him @ about 1.5 trucks ahead or so. Wound out 3rd and that brought me back up to almost his bumper....hit 4th and then she started to pull like a train. I ran up to about 118MPH and had 4-5 cars on him, although im not 100% sure when he let off.

He pulled me over and checked out the car. He said "I knew you had to have something special under the hood when I seen you come bye me that fast!" . Also said I was the first mustang to beat him haha.
Guy was VERY cool though....great to meet people that also respect the other persons vehicle....I feel like im alone sometimes.
But the truck looked GREAT and sounded amazing! Red 04 SRT-10 Ram with 18K on the clock. Stock - K&N filter.

All in all....bad freegin truck :thumbsup: . I wouldnt minding having one!

(also killed a pontiac solstice GXP a bit later...oddly enough also VERY cool people driving)

EDIT: oh yea and I forgot to metion....since I didnt expect it to be an SRT-10 I didnt even think about dialing up the boost....so I ran him on 8PSI (450RWHP).

Last edited:

04gtstang

Established Member
:lol:

I see your in Houston....your not the guy with the ported/pulied cobra I raced at HRP are you? It was after the FFW event.

Thanks boss!

Last edited:

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
04gtstang said:
:lol:

I see your in Houston....your not the guy with the ported/pulied cobra I raced at HRP are you? It was after the FFW event.

Thanks boss!

ummmm noooo....... whippled... and i was just kidding did you get whooped that bad?????:loser:

Drewzilla

Established Member
Nice kill man. You have an awesome ride. I see the numbers in your sig at 9psi. You said you ran him on 8 and didnt dial the boost up because you thought it was one of those rumble bee things or whatever. Are you pushing more than 9psi now on high boost? If so how much power did you make?

04gtstang

Established Member
Well @ 9.2 I make the #s in sig (479) but I also made a slightly higher setting (9.7-10PSI) and that should come out to 490-500RWHP depending on weather...but thats a just in case setting. Im still on the stock motor, so I dont want to push my luck LOL.

Moto- No actually I won :D. He was trapping 117-118 in the weather...I was doing 120-122 @9PSI. It was a quick car....he was making 493 if I recal correctly.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
They are bad-ass trucks. I saw a black 07 today coming back from a all-weekend party in the 'burgh. I didn't get a race or anything, but driving down the road it sounded mean as hell.

04gtstang

Established Member
^Yea they do sounds great *drool* . I usually dont like the viper V10s sound, but after hearing this truck @ WOT, it changed my feeling about the V10s sound. Very good unique sound.

But man you wouldnt have ANY issues whatsover in a 673RWHP cobra LOL. even if the darn thing was blown!

MustangThief

Established Member
Very nice kill.

You shoulda dropped that slut into 3rd right off the bat though... even if it was a rumble-bee.

If I see a civic trying to f with me, I show him why his car is what it is, and slam 2nd.

No chances.

No regrets.

Drive it like you stole it!

MustangThief

Established Member
Very nice kill.

You shoulda dropped that slut into 3rd right off the bat though... even if it was a rumble-bee.

If I see a civic trying to f with me, I show him why his car is what it is, and slam 2nd.

No chances.

No regrets.

Drive it like you stole it!

04gtstang

Established Member
Thanks guys :D

You know usually I dont even really try with people LOL...just leave it in 4th and tell them to "just go when your ready" or just motion for them to go...it really freeks them out HAHAHA!

SVTeric- Yes I sure do....the one off I35 and 620 for the past 3 weeks. I usually dont hang around THAT long though. I get there around 6:30-6:45 or so I think. I would like to see you out there! Let me know when your going.

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
04gtstang said:
SVTeric- Yes I sure do....the one off I35 and 620 for the past 3 weeks. I usually dont hang around THAT long though. I get there around 6:30-6:45 or so I think. I would like to see you out there! Let me know when your going.

On Saturdays?

Users who are viewing this thread