Turbo Maxima Kill

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I was driving home from the movies and saw a 2005+ Maxima getting ready to pull out of McDs. Black, blacked out, slammed on PINK wheels :nonono: I thought nothing of it, but as I passed he wailed on it and I heard the BOV pop off. Guess Im another weak ass Mustang to this guy and he's letting me know.

He pulled out, sped up, and made sure to do maybe 50 in a 35 to get ahead of me. Thats nice, have fun with that. Im trying to get to the hw to get home and guess what, hes going the same way. We take the 2 lane merge onto the hw and he mats it through the merge. I get on it a little bit to keep up. This section is pretty busy so Im not going to play around, but doing maybe 70 he gets caught in traffic and I pass him.

We get to a clear section which is pretty much a 4 lane straightaway into a bend. Im still doing the speed limit as he comes whoosing up for his flyby. I wait til he is almost on me, go to 3rd and hammer it. My clutch is a little slippy at WOT but within seconds I ended his flyby and put a few lengths on him and I dove into the curve and he seemed to let off. Probably wondering how a Mustang takes a sharp curve at high speed?

We hit another straightaway and I slow down to 65 to let him catch up. But once again he goes for the flyby? I give him the same; his car is loud as hell and he passes me at possibly 90, I go to 3rd again and end his flyby, Eaton screaming as I walk past, and put a bus on him. I slow down and he finally stops his flybys but still creeps past me doing 5 over the limit.

Normally I wouldnt bother with a toolbag ricer but he certainly seemed cocky and needed to get knocked down a couple pegs.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
might be a turbo'd maxima, however its better to hear this maxima have a turbo and mods under the hood instead of a shopping cart wing and a pipe that makes an obnoxious sound.... maybe to you he was nothing... but to a stock mustang GT rolling around it would make a nice meal to this maxima... PINK wheels however :dw:....bad taste or maybe it was a hot girl... and i like the thought of it being a hot girl...:)

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
GREAT KILL
I don't know what it is with people that drive Maxima's. (At least around here) I have had problems with them since I have had my 08 Bullitt and even more with my GT500. It is almost impossible to pass one without them getting butthurt and trying to keep you from completing the pass.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
GREAT KILL
I don't know what it is with people that drive Maxima's. (At least around here) I have had problems with them since I have had my 08 Bullitt and even more with my GT500. It is almost impossible to pass one without them getting butthurt and trying to keep you from completing the pass.

Well they are 4-door sports cars. Didn't you remember that? They have maximum (Maxima?) dominance over everything on the road.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Dont get me wrong, I do like Maximas, Several years back I was trying to get into an 03 SE 6spd but the sketchy dealer sold it out from under me while I had a deposit on it. I wanted to go with a Stillen s/c, bolt ons, and keep the car clean and stock looking. But this guy was just straight ricer. Probably bought the car like that. His pink rims were on the front and were probably painted stockers, maybe slicks. But he looked like a younger punk kid, he and his buddy were smoking butts in the car, it had crooked VW style stickers in the back window, and it had some sort of road kill critter hanging from the rear bumper. Just a toolbag.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Dont get me wrong, I do like Maximas, Several years back I was trying to get into an 03 SE 6spd but the sketchy dealer sold it out from under me while I had a deposit on it. I wanted to go with a Stillen s/c, bolt ons, and keep the car clean and stock looking. But this guy was just straight ricer. Probably bought the car like that. His pink rims were on the front and were probably painted stockers, maybe slicks. But he looked like a younger punk kid, he and his buddy were smoking butts in the car, it had crooked VW style stickers in the back window, and it had some sort of road kill critter hanging from the rear bumper. Just a toolbag.

lol what a loser, probably bought the car like that...has no idea wtf he has...and pink rims...way your describing the tools, im sure they painted it that way

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I hate it when they try to do the fly by.....makes no sense...doenst show anything but that you can speed...pull up rev up and we can both leave on 3

clean93

Established Member
good kill. theres a whole gang of maximas out here in DC ( DC Max) the quickest one out of the bunch runs 12.5's all motor ive seen him run that time at imports vs domestics last fall. most of those guys are cool and they invite me to meets from time to time with my mustang.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
GREAT KILL

coming from being a HUGE maxima fan, from back in the mid to late 90's; a full bolt-on (cai,ypipe,catback,UDP, tuned) 5 speed maxima equipped with the VQ30DE/VE30DE motor posed a legitimate threat to a mild bolt-on 5.0 foxbody or 4.6L 96-98 GT.
the power to weight ratio on both cars was pretty dam even to where a race between the two would be a drivers race.
obviously, fast forward 10 years and ALOT has changed but not the mentality. alot of maximas (turbo or not) out there thinking that they can outrun anything.
they are fun cars but too slow for me now. i just like mine cause it looks cool, its comfortable and gets me awesome MPG!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
coming from being a HUGE maxima fan, from back in the mid to late 90's; a full bolt-on (cai,ypipe,catback,UDP, tuned) 5 speed maxima equipped with the VQ30DE/VE30DE motor posed a legitimate threat to a mild bolt-on 5.0 foxbody or 4.6L 96-98 GT.
the power to weight ratio on both cars was pretty dam even to where a race between the two would be a drivers race.
obviously, fast forward 10 years and ALOT has changed but not the mentality. alot of maximas (turbo or not) out there thinking that they can outrun anything.
they are fun cars but too slow for me now. i just like mine cause it looks cool, its comfortable and gets me awesome MPG!

I had a friend who had a full bolt on 98 maxima se and he use to suprise alot of stock / bolt on mustang gt's back like 10 years ago, they are nice cars! A guyback about 11 years ago had a stillen supercharged one around my area it was a nice car! I like the 95-99 maxima se's alot

Users who are viewing this thread